Dream Come True

“How much for this piano?” Ben asked the garage seller.

“You could take it for free. Everyone who buys that just returns it here...”

“Why?”

“I dunno.”

“Okay then. Thanks pal.”

“Don’t mention it.”

Ben arrived home at 8:30. He showed her daughter, Jill, The piano he bought. The child was very excited to try the piano.

“Can I play the piano now? Please!”

“Oh honey. It’s late. You can play it all day tomorrow. I promise.”

“Okay. Good night daddy."

In the middle of the night, Ben heard a spooky tuned music played using the piano. “Jill?” He called out. The piano stopped playing. He checked downstairs to look at the piano. There was nobody there. He went to Jill’s room. She was there sleeping. He tried to go back to sleep but he couldn’t. In his mind, these thoughts raced. Who played the piano...? Is it haunted...?

Ben woke up the next day to go back to the guy who gave it to him.

“Look dude. Don’t talk to me about that. I too just got it from a stranger. Go meet her. She lives 4 blocks north from here.”

“Thank you.”

Ben went to the address.

“Hello...?

“Yes?”

“Are you Martha?”

“Yes. What do you need sir?”

“I need to know more about the piano.”

“...”

“Please Ma’am.”

“... Come in.”

“What’s with the piano...?”

“It was owned by my daughter. She really likes music so I got it for her. She suddenly got sick and then died. Every night, It’s like her ghost plays the piano. It drove me insane so I decided to give it away.”

“Thank you for your help ma’am.”

Ben drove home. He saw her daughter playing the piano.

“Jill. Go to your room.”

“Why?”

“Just. Ughh! Just go. OK?”

“Okay.”

Ben was pushing the piano out of the house. Then his drowsiness hit him. He blacked out.

Ben woke up, he looked at the clock, it was 12:00, he heard a creepy tune, like from a music box, being played in the piano. He shivered like a leaf, his heart was pounding, many thoughts raised in his mind. After a few minutes, he decided to check it out. As he went closer to the stairs, the music keep getting louder. He went down and saw a little girl playing the piano. He slowly walked towards the girl. He touched her shoulder, It was cold, colder than ice. “Why are you doing this to us...?” His lips were trembling while saying it. The girl slowly faced toward him. Ben’s heart stopped. He was frozen from the sight he is seeing. The girl’s face, Where eyeballs should be are just black bottomless hole with blood oozing out and where lips should be, there were no lips, just teeth. She slowly raised her arm and reached for his face.

Ben woke up. It was just a dream. He sighed in relief but then his heart stopped when he heard the piano played the creepy tune from his dream.