Chapter 1- The beginning

*King George's POV*

                         I woke up to the sound of my daughter and wife screaming downstairs. As I rushed down I seen that Elizabeth was screaming at Sophie for trying to leave the castle. So I stepped in and said "Sophie.. Go upstairs now." She just looked at me with her big brown sad eyes.

                         She looked at me and said "But dad.." She honestly just needs to learn to do what she is told. Out of complete anger I struck her and screamed. She ran off in fear upstairs..

                                                                          *Sophie's POV* 

Why is he always yelling... Why is mom always mad at me... I'm 16 and I have never even left this stupid castle. I have to leave.. I hate it here and I have no friends.. 

Before I could even finish my thoughts my dad came up with mom and he said "Sophie, a man named Tristen is coming over. You need to be nice to him because he's going to be your husband." As he finished my mom just looked at me smiling.. Are they actually serious right now.. They're arranging a marriage for me?

I will not stand this.. "Dad.. Mom.. I don't want to marry a random guy." They just stared at me.. I'm not sure what I should do at this point.

My dad finally spoke up and said "Listen Sophie, Tristen and his family are very wealthy. If we are to keep our family going and very rich you have to marry someone that's our standards." 

He has to be joking? I'm not going to just marry some guy because I "have" to. I looked at both of my parents and shook my head "I'm only 16... why are we rushing a marriage. I haven't even met this guy. I have never spoke to him. You can't just expect me to be okay with this." My dad looked really mad after I finished speaking.

He glared at me and said "SOPHIE! You will do as your told. If not I can make sure you get a suitable punishment. Understand?" I don't really know what to do at this point.. I know what this punishment will be. He will hit or whip me. If I'm lucky he'll just lock me in our cellar. I have to agree with him at least until I can leave this place on my own. 

I just nodded my head in agreement then sat on my bed. As I sat down a boy walked in the door. He looked at me and said "You must be Sophie?" I only nodded my head and he continued.. "I'm Tristen, It's very nice to meet you babe." Are you serious? I just met this guy and he's already calling me babe. This is not okay with me. Before I could even get a word out he came over and started playing with my hair.. My parents only smiled and walked out. It's like no one understands what's happening here.

I looked him in the eyes and said "Can I just.. have a few minutes to change." He smirked then walked out. I can't really disobey him or my father or i'll have worse things to worry about. I grabbed a bunch of casual clothes and put them in a bag then hid the bag in my closet. There's no way in hell i'm staying here.. I just can't.. I put on denim shorts and a pink tank top walking downstairs to the kitchen. Everyone just stared at me.

Finally my mom spoke up and said "Sophie you're not seriously wearing that are you?" She looked concerned when asking me that question. 

I looked her and shrugged "I don't... I don't really feel like wearing a dress tonight.." My father just looked pissed and my mom sighed. I really don't care at this point because I'm leaving here.. I'm going to america.. I'm going back to where I came from. I don't understand why I had to be adopted by these people... Why couldn't I have been adopted by normal parents.

As I finished my thoughts Tristen walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek. He said "I look forward to having fun with you tonight.." As he said that he was rubbing my back. I was so scared I couldn't reply or move. He just smirked and walked off with my father.. I saw this as the perfect moment to leave. I gave my mom a hug and said goodnight. 

As I ran into my bedroom I grabbed my bag and climbed out the window. I can't believe i'm doing this... I slowly went down the bricks and got to the ground. As I got to the ground I started running out of our yard. I just wanted to get far away.

I eventually got near the airport and ran in and a man stopped me asking "Can I help you?" I just looked up at him.. It was my first time talking to someone outside of the castle... I don't really know what to do. 

I quickly replied saying "I just need a ticket for Las Vegas." The man didn't say anything for a few minutes. He kinda just stared at me... Did he know who I was..

I started to walk off when he just handed me the ticket.. I was so confused.. Why didn't he make me pay for it.. I started to hand him money when he said "Your friend France said you would be coming here. He said to give you that ticket when you did. Now hurry off before you miss your flight." I nodded and walked off but... How did France know I was gonna run away.. 

I guess now that I think about it.. France was always around when my parents weren't. I was the only one who treated him like a normal human being and not a butler. I'll have to thank him one day.. 

As I got closer to the plane I seen they were getting ready to close it and ran up. The flight attendant smiled and showed me to my seat. I was sitting next to an elderly couple who wouldn't stop staring at me. I'm assuming people know what I look like.. Maybe if I wear a hoodie and go dye my hair I'll be able to travel easier.

As the plane landed I quickly made my way to a salon and got my hair dyed from blonde to black. I also wore a red colored hoodie and looked down as I walked down the street. I don't want anyone to call the police if I end up as a missing kid. I don't ever want to go back to that place.