What Used To Be: Kidnapped

There once was a child who led a happy life, a happy, naive life... but one day... It all changed... that child was me, Luna. I had a pretty normal life up until I was nine. That's when shit hit the fan.

~FLASHBACK: AGE 5~

"MOMMY MOMMY! LOOK LOOK! I CAUGHT A FROGGY!" I beamed to my stepmother who paid me no attention "That's nice sweetie now go put it back," she said unamused, and me being the naive little girl I was, didn't noticed that she didn't give a rats ass, I giggled. "You didn't even look mommy! Look!" She sighed an irritated one and looked at me with the most dead eyes. "I said go out it back..." "But I wanna keep it. Pleeeaaaasssse!" "No, go put it back." Her tone grew more stren. "But mommyyyyyy." "I SAID NO!" she slammed her hands on the table and I jumped at the sudden outburst. "Now go put it back!" She pointed towards the door. I reluctantly obeyed.

After I put the frog down, I stared at it. Once it hopped away to where it was no longer in my range of vision, I walked away from the pond. I stood in front of my house waiting for my father to come home because it was around the time when he comes home from work. By time nightfall came, he still wasn't home. I started to get worried. I went to my stepmother to ask where daddy was but she was passed out on the couch, on the floor next to her was a bottle of liquor.

I sat in my room for a while until I decided to go catch fireflies, even though it was nearly midnight.

Catching fireflies wasn't hard for me like it was for most kids. All you had to do is wait until they are hovering in one spot then catch them. While I was catching them I heard a car pull up behind me. I got excited thinking it was my father but it wasn't. It was a big white van with a black stripes on the side. It was rustic, like it hasn't been cleaned in years. A heavy weight man removed himself from the old vehicle and approached me. He had stains on his beeter, and was balding. He walked with a waddle as well. "Hey little girl~" he said with the smell of alcohol emanating from his breath when he knelt down to my level. I was told by my father to not talk to strangers, so I stayed quiet. "Want some candy?" He asked smiling devilishly. His teeth looked as if they would fall out any moment from the rot. He had a few missing ones as well. I shook my head in response not looking at the man, and began to feel uncomfortable. "Oh come on sweetie pie, I have the good kind, Reese's, KitKat, Butterfingers." The man told me stroking my head. I shook him off and took several steps back. "I have a puppy, it's in the van. Wanna come pet him?" I stared at him for a few seconds, debating whether I should believe him or not, then a thought came to me. "You shouldn't leave a dog in the car with chocolate, it could eat it, and it could kill the dog." "Well aren't you a smart little girl~" "Daddy says I'm very intelligent, he also told me not to talk to strangers, so I have to go now Mister." I began to walk away but the man picked me up. I screamed. "Put me down! MOMMY MOMMY!" I called for help but she didn't come. I squirmed, scratched and kicked. Trying to break free, but it was no use, I was weak. And small. Wasn't strong compared to this man. But I wasn't giving up. I screamed and kicked, and screamed some more. "Stop fighting!" The man grunted. "NO!" I screamed once more before he hit me in the head. It was so hard actually, that my consciousness began to fade. Before it fully went out, I heard a faint voice in the distance, "Hey! What the hell are you doing?! Put her down!" I recognized the voice... "Daddy?... Help..." After that, everything went black.