Chapter One

First Chapter

First Chapter

" b e g i n n i n g "

Everyone's watching, not uttering a single word as they see their friends and classmates being tortured and killed one by one. As i hear their screams of horror, their painful cries, i just can't help myself but shiver and wrap my arms around my body

On every 7th, 14th and 21st day of the month, this happens, a sickening game known for the sole reason of killing and eliminating, the players? Students, students who wants to seek revenge or just have fun by torturing others.

What we are witnessing now is the last game of the month, only one member remains, as he pleads for mercy and yells for help, he is suddenly silenced by one of his opponents, no mercy, he utters, as the camera zooms in to the bodies and slowly fades to black.

The words 'Game Over: Team A: 3 Team B: 1" appears on the screen. Sighs of relief and cries of sorrow can be heard through out the whole classroom. Even our homeroom teacher is speechless.

Well what about me? I don't know, should i smile? or should i cry? i just yet witnessed another horrible fight, two of my bestfriends were there, one is in Team A and one is in Team B, their names were written on the same stone, what would you feel if you saw two of your most loved ones fight until one is dead?

Would you be relieved because one of them survived, or would you cry because one of them died? What a sickening game, to get revenge and fun in this kind of way, what an inhuman thing to do, as i'm trying to keep my feelings to myself, not wanting the others to see, as i clench my fist, stopping myself from showing anything but a blank face, Team A finally arives.

I see him, i see him, injured, face and clothes with blood, an expression full of regret and sorrow, i yelled his name, i was the first to approach the team, i hugged him,

"thank you... for fulfilling... your promise... Luca, thank... you...."

as i whispered those words into his ear, he cried, cried and cried, saying I'm sorry countless times, now do you want to know what i feel? I..., I'm happy and relieved, he kept his promise, but I'm also hurt by the fact that i lost one of my best friends.

I tried my best to calm him, but he just gets worse, the people around me also began to calm their friends down from Team A, it hurts, my heart hurts, hurts like mad, concealing this feelings, as i hear him say the word I'm sorry for the last time, the tears suddenly came out, i hugged him tighter, reassuring him that it's not his fault. "It's okay, it's not your fault." I said.

Every month, every year, a friend dies and a friend survives, no matter who your opponent is, if you let your feelings get a hold of yourself, you're out, you die. This hellish place has become our home, our school, the only school in this twisted village. This game was introduced to us three years ago.

flashback
date January 7

when a new principal was assigned to handle us, he told us about the games rules, the To Do and Not To Do, he was nice and funny at first, just like a father material, we were all at ease, seeing him talk about this game so enthusiastically made us feel excited and happy. after he finished reading the rules, we thought it was all just fun and games until the first batch of players were announced and were made to play.

Score, eliminate, win, that's what they say.
We had no idea that their idea of eliminate was literally meant to to kill, we were all shocked, the game was over, they didn't know that the fun they had will lead to a more horrifying event, the winning team did not want to kill the losing team, the new principal was furious, he said the words that lead the winning team to kill, to torture, to eliminate, those words; "Kill them or we will kill you, you were willing to play, then be prepared to die" with a shot of bullet that had hit the tree near them.

After that first game was over,  the winning team marched back to their class, everyone was dumbfounded, scared and panicking. It was hell for all of us, the new principal taking over for only one month made us lose our minds and knowing that he will be sitting on that spot for a long time made us fear for our lives. We didn't want to do this, we didn't want to be killed.

We tried to make a solution so that we wouldn't have to play on that horrible game, seeing how it works made us desperate to escape, 'you were willing to play, then be prepared to die.'

That's what the principal said, so we thought that if there was no one who's willing to play then we should be fine, but little do we know that we were just digging our own graves.

The firts month has come to an end. it was the second month of the game, When the principal found out about our plan,, he just laughed, laughed and laughed. He had brought us into a field, all of the students present, those eyes, piercing through us like a blade, we just sat there, waiting for his announcement to be said.

He lift up a box and said  "i will give you this chance, only this chance to give me 14 willing participants that'll join and play the game."

I trembled in fear "I'll give you 20 seconds, time starts." i couldn't believe what i heard, he's a psycho.