Mikeala's Execution

Yuichiro couldn't believe it himself, but the lie that was told was blatantly obvious, as they always were in the past four trials. His emrald eyes darted around the room. All of those left, his family were all looking at the same blue eyes that his gaze met at the end. "Mikaela..." Yuuchiro looked down, tears forming in his eyes. "Please, don't tell me.."

His best friend, no, his family stared away, knowing that with his lie outted, there was no other possibility anyone else would consider. Ferid had died, and all the evidence was clearly pointing to Mikaela as the suspect as if it was what someone else wanted. "The Mastermind..." He said, quietly. Yuichiro's head shot up at those words. "They have to be doing this... They know what will happen if I..." Mikaela couldn't finish his words as he looked up at Yuichiro.

"Now then! Let's get on with the voting time!" Said that cruel, annoying voice that echoed off the walls of the small room. Everyone's head shot up, showing the same shocked expression.

"Wait! We aren't finished discussing this!" Yuichiro shouted, in vain. The voting screen came up and everyone, with the exception of Mikeala and Yuichiro, voted. Yuichiro stared in agony as the timer counted down.

"It's okay, Yuu-Chan." Mikeala said. Yuu looked up, tears brimming in his eyes at the smile of his best friend. He was the one who helped him through all the trials. He was there when his friends died, comforting him. He was the one who protected him when others accused him in the first trial. Now he was about to lose him. "Please, don't throw away your life for me Yuu. Just vote for me. It's what the Mastermind wants, you idiot." Yuu looked down, clenching a fist.

"I can't... Let you die alone." He quietly said. Mikeala's eyes widened.

"Yuu, please." You simply watched as the timer counted down from ten. "Why Yuu? Can't you stop being stubborn for once?" Mika's voice broke as tears ran down. Yuu simply smiled.

"I'll never stop being stubborn. After all, we're family. Right, Mika?" Mika didn't reply, as the timer reached zero.

"Now then, who will be chosen as the blackened? Will you make the right choice, or the dreadfully wrong one?" Monokumas laugh was all they heard as the screen showed Mika's face as the correct answer. "What's this? Someone abstaining in MY court room? Why, that's against the rules, Yuichiro!" Monokuma shouted. Yuu just smiled.

"I don't care. I'm not losing Mika to someone like you." He replied, as Mika's tears fell. "And I won't let him die the way you want. I won't let us fall to despair the way everyone else has." He left his podeium to go to Mika's side. He took Mika's chin in his hand and made him look at him. "Right, Mika?" Mika blushed slightly, tears stopping a bit and smiled.

"R-right, Yuu." Yuichiro looked at everyone, tears in their eyes, maybe guilt.

"Everyone! You can't back down because of this. Don't fall into despair. You have to live for us." Kruel nodded at him, passively while Shinoa still couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Yuu..." She spoke up. Yuu nodded towards her. She finally reached his eyes. "Run!" She yelled. "You promised you wouldn't die here. So run!" Yuu smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry. You taught me a lot about training." He looked down at Mikaela who's gaze had become vacant, as if the life drained from him. Yuu shook him and his head shot up towards him, as if remembering Yuu was holding on to him. "But I can't abandon Mika. We protect each other. We are family." Mika smiled up at him.

"Yuu.." he said softly.

"Now then! I've prepared a very special punishment for Mikaela Hyakuya, the ultimate child caregiver! Along with Yuichiro, the ultimate... Who cares?" Yuichiro did hope for a moment Monokuma would let his talent slip as he didn't know it himself. Of course he wasn't that fortunate in death. "Let's give it everything we got! It's PUNISHMENT TIME!" Monokuma's voice rang out as all they heard was Shinoa's vain screams for them to run.

The room became pitch black, and Yuichiro felt Mika being pulled away from his hold. He felt around, only feeling a hard, cold floor and no sign of a wall. As You stood, a small light bulb flickered on the ceiling. The room was no longer the courtroom; in was now an open dark area with only that light shining. Yuu could see Mika huddled on the floor, seemingly hurt.

He began rushing to his side before coming face to face with Monokuma.

Or, more accurately, a child with a Monokuma mask on. "Puhuhu." They laughed as they pulled a sword from their hip hulster. Yuu was shocked when he noticed there wasn't just one child, but ten were now in the room, as if they multiplied, all with the swords held high in the air.

When a child headed over to Mika, they picked up something from the floor, which Yuu noticed to be a long rope. Soon the other children joined in picking it up. One of the taller kids tied the end of the rope to Mika's arms and, to Yuichiro's horror, they all began to sing and dance in circles around him, tightening the rope and waving swords around.

Mika attempted to grab the rope before if wrapped around his neck, but realized his arms were too tightly compacted for him to reach up to grab it. His eyes watered as he tried to gasp for air. Yuu quickly raced towards the scene, darting around swords, before an idea dawned on him. He quickly ran to grab a sword from one of the kids, ignoring the pain as one sliced through his arm, causing blood to lightly trickle to the floor.

A second sword cut through his side but Yuu pushed through, after snatching a sword he assumed one of the kids hard been holding. He sliced a piece of rope but his he couldn't believe his eyes. It didn't cut. Astonished, he tried again, and again, and again in different parts of the rope. Mika's face was turning a light blue as his attempts to struggle began to slow.

Yuu slowly pulled the sword into his line of sight and his face paled. This was just a toy. He desperately dropped it and raced to grab another sword from the kids. His arms and legs were slashed in the process but he still fought to grab it. His attempts were all futile and the children only laughed as Yuu finally fell to his knees, exhausted.

The kids pulled away from the scene as Yuu looked towards Mika. His heart stopped as he realized Mika's body was completely limp. His face had a blue tint as the roped hand completely wrapped around his throat in a brutal fashion. The tears that fell from his eyes were still prominent and Yuu knew his tears were falling from his face and landing Mika's face as well.

He swore he wouldn't let him die how Monokuma wanted and that he'd protect him...

But he failed his best friend. Those were his last thoughts. He didn't care about the small padding feet scurrying behind him. He didn't care when the child stabbed the sword, a real one, through his chest. Of course he coughed up the blood. He felt pain.

It wasn't as painful as watching the person he loves die, with his mess up being the reason he couldn't save him. He couldn't help but laugh at his mistake as he wrapped his arms around his best friend. He sighed, still smiling regretfully as he took his final breath in that dark room, as the light slowly flickered off.

The hope Yuu spoke of the the group did not reach their hearts after witnessing the death. The rest of their high school life held nothing in store for them but despair. The despair of never finding out about the real world and never being able to escape. Their life was spent there. It truely was the most despair inducing outcome of this class trial.