H

??? POV

Ow... What the hell-WHERE the hell am I?!?

I rub my head and sit up slowly, looking around the room. It's dark but I can still see a desk with a blank computer monitor on it and a book case on the opposite side of the room. The book case has no books in it, but there are files and papers skewed on it and on the floor around it. There's also a phone on the top shelf. Upon seeing this, I scramble up, ignoring the dull pain shooting through my head, and grab it, turning it on as fast as I can. The logo isn't something I recognize from any phone company I know but I don't really care at this moment at it powers on fully. As quick as I can, I tap on the phone icon, rushing to type in a familiar number.

Wait who's number is this?

As I press the call button, shaking my head at my previous thought, I put the phone to my ear to hear a quiet voice on the other end speaking slowly

"You... can't...do... That...*beep* transferring call to *static* please wait~"

I look at the phone to find that the screen is now covered in green and red glitchy lines. It seems a little too creepy to trust so I put it down and begin to look at the papers around the book shelf on the floor. They all seem to have something written on them.

RUN
NOT SAFE
KILL
HIDE
YOU
CANT
WI--

"THAT WASN'T VERY NICE OF YOU TO LEAVE ME ON CALL BUT NOT LISTEN."

The phone is suddenly yelling out on speaker, causing me to jump and fall on my ass.

"Welcome to the game, kid. The rules are simple. Use clues and tools given to you to survive this maze of sorts. On the table across from you, there should be a utility knife, a phone chip, a watch, and a video recorder. You need to take these items to pass through the next room."

I freeze and turn, looking to where the blank computer monitor was. The monitor was now on, showing a white screen to illuminate the items laying on the desk, as the mysterious man had just described.

"Each room will have a challenge to pass before you can go through it. The challenge will be written somewhere in that room for you to follow and record, before being allowed to choose your next room. Each room is unique in it's own way, and if you win the game, you can walk a free man. You may meet people along the way. Some are friendly, whilst others are quite hostile. They are other players of this game, like you. How they take to you is their own choice... Good luck, kid."

With that, the phone beeps and vibrates, shutting down. Still in shock, I continue to look at the papers and files around me. My hands skim through them and I pick up one of the folders

'SUBJECT: JUNG HOSEOK,

AGE: 23

WEAPON GIVEN: Chakram; utility knife

GAME START DATE: June 10th 2016

GAME STATUS: Incomplete'

"What the hell is going on?!"

{=================================}

This is my first horror/suspense fic, I don't know how well this will go or if I'll finish it but comment and vote to give me feedback and help me continue the story~💕

-Abby