Chapter 1

Mia

Have you ever said you are ok when you aren't ok? Yeah, that well that how I have been this past summer. 

Here I was sitting beside my sister grave crying.

"I miss you" I said crying. I wish she could hear me.

"Its been hell without you, every day I wish you were beside me" I paused for a moment "Summer break is over tomorrow is the first day of  senior year" 

suddenly I felt a raindrop on the tip of my nose and another and another then its started raining heavily 

"I hope to visit you soon Melody" I stood up and dusted the dirt off 

I looked at the headstone and kissed it 

I headed back to my car which was a 2016 BMW M3. I got it last year from my parent for my 16ths birthday. I get into my car and turned up the heater and proceeded to head home.

                                                                           **********

"I'm home" I yell even tho I know that no ones home. 

I take off my shoes and head upstairs to my room. once in my room I got and take a hot relaxing shower after I'm done I get out and change into comfortable clothes. I get on my bed to read a book when my phone goes off

"Hey Jake" I say as I accept my best friends call

"I'm surprised you even remember my name" he said threw the other line 

"I'm sorry," I say feeling guilty. truth to be told I haven't talked to anyone this summer, not after her death that is.

"Its ok I understand," Jake says more softly this time. after a moment Jake say "How have you been?"

"I'm ok" I replied 

"Are you?" he asked. I really didn't want to talk about it it was too hard.

" Yeah I'm doing better, what about you hows France did you find your soulmate?" I said wiggling my eyebrows even tho he couldn't see. I heard him groning 

"Don't even get me started I swear french make everything about sex." I laughed at that. I missed my best friend.

Jake is half French half American and his dad wants him to be engaged in the French culture. And every now and then he takes him and his little 7-year-old sister Jade to France. Jake has been my best friend for as long as I remember. He's the one I send all my ugly snapchats to and he probably could humiliate me with everything he knows and has of me but it trust him.

"you know fluent sex language and now you went to France oh the horror," I said fake gasping. He laughed 

"I missed you" he said suddenly 

"I miss you too Jake" I replied back. 

"JAKE JAKE JAKE"I suddenly hear a little kids voice on the other line.

"Yes Jade" I heard Jake say 

"Can you make me food please" I could imagine her using her puppy dog eye that makes anyone get down on their knees for her.

"Yea I will be down there in a second " he said "Sorry babes but I have to make food for this angel, but you have to be up and early tomorrow morning for school I'm picking you up its senior year baby!"

"Yea sure jake I will be up." I won't be up

"If your not up I will throw cold water on your face" I know he would do it he has done it before. 

"Maybe" I replied back "Ok bye see you tomorrow love you"

"Bye and love you too" I said hanging up

After talking to jake I went to my bookshelf and picked out the book "All The Light We Cannot See" and went back to my bed and read it until I eventually fell asleep.