1

Oh, I bet you're wondering how this all began, right? It all started in the summer of 89' on a clear blue morning on summer vacation

It all started in the summer of 89' on a clear blue morning on summer vacation.

My two friends and I decided to tick something off our summer bucket lists.

17 : Tie our names and addresses onto balloons, let them into the sky, and see if we get any response back.

We were all crossing our fingers that day.

"Are we ready?" Molly said, waving her sky blue balloon excitedly. Joey nodded with a big smile on his face as he held onto his green balloon, and i with my red one, grinned as well.

We all counted down together, "3 , 2 , 1!" We let go of our balloons and watched them soar up into the sky, each with a little paper attached with our names and addresses. We settled down onto the curb to watch, craning our necks until the balloons were out of sight.

"I can't wait to see if we get anything back," I said rubbing the back of my sore neck. The other two were doing the same. "Well.. what should we do now?" Molly said turning to us.

"How about going to the Arcade for awhile? I mean we still have the whole afternoon before we have to go home" I said.

After the arcade we headed back to our dismay, our clear beautiful summer day had turned into a dark rainy thunderstorm.

"Well this sucks" Joey flopped on the couch and stared gloomily outside the window. I knew we were all thinking of the balloons we realised just over an hour ago.

"Hey maybe they've landed by now, and people are writing letters this instant," I tried cheering us up, and with a little glimmer, It worked.

"You're right," Molly smiled at me and we settled down in the basement watching 'Saved by the bell' while snacking on popcorn and candy.