New Year // Year 6

Hermione's POV

New school year new me? I've been through hell and back for years with Harry and Ron, but maybe this could finally be the year we relax. Maybe we could all get in relationships or get some new friends? They are lovely and all, but we need to branch out don't we?

Narrator's POV

It was 1991 and the Scotland breeze was rolling over the waves of the Hogwarts lake. The trio was 16 and the hormones were raging. This year also happens to be an interesting year for that because there are going to be an increase in exchange students from the Ilvermorny wizarding school. Apparently there have been many problems at the school recently and Dumbledore has agreed to take them in. So yes, hot exchange students for everyone.

After a busy morning of everyone, (well except Hermione of course), doing last minute packing, the Weasley clan plus Harry and Hermione made there way to the train station. The car ride was filled with Arthur Weasleys new Taylor Swify cd and chewing of half eaten granola bars. Other than that just Ron tapping his leg nervously.

Harry and Hermione shared a glance and Ron rolled his eyes. "I know what you guys are thinking, and no I'm not nervous about all the hot American girls that are about to be roaming around Hogwarts," Ron let out a breath, "I have a blasted stomach ache ok." Harry and Hermione held back there smiles. "Among other things," Ron muttered under his breath. "Pffft yeah, best friends for five years and what you are doing doesn't concern is." They rolled there eyes at him.

"Anyway Hermione, do you know any of the new girls going there? Didn't McGonagall set you up with a couple of them to bring around?" Ron asked, a smirk playing at Harrys lips.

Hermione gave a genuine smile, "yes I know a couple of them. One is named Jasmine and the other is named Aiyana. Jasmine is part Filipino and an activist, while Aiyana is Native American is really nice but will fight, so yeah. I've been owling them all Summer, they both seem really nice, in there own ways." Hermiome gives them a weird look. "What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked. "I don't know, American women are just ummm I don't know, different? They are very diverse and have all these mental health problems and," in a whispering voice,"sexually, different? I don't know." Harry and Ron looked away. What the fuck Hermione?

The car pulled up to the train station and Mrs. Weasley handed them all there packed lunches and gave them a big hug. Mr Weasley stood of to the side and smiled, with admiration for the four of them. "Have fun at Hogwarts you four," Mr. Weasley smiled while Mrs. Weasley wiped away a few tears. "Good bye," they sang out as they got ready to board the train.

They found a compartment with Luna on the train, and waved to Mr&Mrs Weasley as the train pulled away on its way to Hogwarts.

The compartment was quiet except for a few snippets of The Quibbler read aloud by Luna, but the air was stale. Hermione's remark about Americans was questionable, I thought she was supposed to be the good one?

Harry broke the the silence, "what the fuck Hermione?" He shook his head, "you always told us to not be mean to people for no reason, Jasmine and Aiyana seem lovely." They waited for a response from Hermione, but she just stared out the window. "I think this is a problem, wether you think it's a problem or not you need to stop. You know this Hermione. We all need to be ok with this. The diversity level of Hogwarts is about to change, fucking deal with it." Ron started screaming, and Harry nodded in agreement.

Suddenly their compartment door was slammed open. Draco leaned against the now opened door. "Even I'm not that stupid Granger, Potter and Weselbee are right. Even I know that people of every race and sexuality deserve the same treatment as everyone else. Get your shit together Granger." Draco shook his head and waltzed away.

Harry took Hermione's hand, "Hes right ya know? If Malfoy can figure it out so can you." One side of Harry's mouth turned up into a smile, and Hermione's followed. She continued to look out the window, "I know, I'm sorry."

After a silence that felt like an eternity, the train was 20 minutes from Hogwarts, so they changed into there robes. When the train arrives at Hogwarts they collected their things and made their was to the carriages. Not before giving a warm welcome to Hagrid of course.

After a grueling carriage ride they all realized a little something. This year is not going to be the same. New year new me? More like new year new friend group.