The Transfer

"Mom do I have too" I whine.  "I am perfectly happy at St.Helens"  I say.  "We are switching and thats final"  she says.  Since Archie had been sentenced to prison for 2 years everything had changed.  It was like the whole world revolved around him.  Like he was the sun and we were the planets.  I felt like I was pluto.  A planet but not at the same time.  I stomped up to my room and called my best friend Ellie.  "Hey whats up?" she asks.  "Im so frickin tired of Archie being the center of attention" I say.  "Its like my opinion doesn't matter around here".   "Whenever my mom or dad won't listen to me I pull the dad-card"  she says.  "Whats that?" I ask.  "Just say dad/mom would let me do whatever your parent says you can't do" she says.  "o-oh ok" I say.  "thanks" I say then hang up.  Time to start.  "Mom" I call down the stairs.  "Yeah" she replies back.  "Im not going"  I say.  "Yes you are" she says in a firm voice which means end of discussion.  I decide this is the best time to do it.  "Dad would let me stay"  I say.   "Oh, don't you pull that card on me " she yells.  "Ugh, Fine"  I say.   "Oh yeah, FYI you're visiting your stepdad this summer so you guys can bond".  I moan and not that love-sick kind that you read in those werewolf books the one that a teenager makes when their little brother is being annoying.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer,  It rolls off my tongue like butter.  I used to love it but now that I know whats ahead I just don't care.  I pack my clothes, toiletries, and phone.  Todays the day.  The day that my whole life changes.  I can't even believe Im going through with this.  I gather my things and get in the car.  All Im thinking is what the heck is waiting for me in that car.  A dog?   That is not what I expected.  First things first I HATE Dogs.  Second when did we get a dog.  I look behind the wheel and se Matthew.  Great.  A 2-hour drive with my step-brother.