Chapter 1

Jacks POV
There I was sat looking out the window, as we pass the welcome sign to my home town Brighton. I love coming back here, but the last thing I want is to be sat at a 50th birthday party in less that 12 hours, and by the look on his face neither does Conor.
"It's actually bullshit, she isn't even related, what's the point in us coming down." Conor say shrugging his shoulders at the thought of tonight.
" I know, Mum hasn't seen us in ages though and Sue did a lot for us as kids we owe her our presence at least" Compromising with him. Sue being the woman who's birthday party it is. She used to look after us a lot when we were younger and we would play with her two children, Todd and Rosie. I guess it will be nice to see them all.

*15 minutes later*
We are greeted at the door by our little sister, Anna. It's nice to see her more than anything, living in London has its perks but there's nothing like coming home to see the family. "Hey!" She said walking straight back into the kitchen. As me and Conor walk in, Mums already up by the door, greeting us with the warm and tight hugs she gives us every time we come home. "Oh boys, I've missed you so much!" She says squeezing us into a three way hug. I'm glad to be back.

*7:00pm*
"Conor! Hurry up!" I shout from the bottom of the stairs. He always takes the longest. "Don't worry, it takes time to look this great." He says strutting down the stairs and pulling a funny face. "Let's have a look at you all!" My mom says pulling out her phone to take a photograph of us 3, you can see her eyes welling up as she hits the button. "Oh my babies, where's the time gone?"
We all get into the taxi ready to go to the party and I'm actually quite excited to see everyone, well Rosie.

We get to the party and as we walk in, Sue is on the door. "Hi Helen! Oh my god, are these the kids! Look how grown they are! And so lovely looking!" You can see Conor appreciated that complimented, I always feel awkward at statements like that, because I actually don't remember her properly. Oops. "Where's your two?" My mum said as she looks around the function room.
"Oh Todd couldn't make it, he's away on holiday with his girlfriend."
Conor nudges me and mumbles "so her own son couldn't make it but we could" I could feel his eye roll at the idea.
"But Rosie should be about somewhere" Sue said glancing at the bar.
"Is she with her partner?" My mom asked.
"No she doesn't have a boyfriend." Sue said, I couldn't help but feel overjoyed about this, Rosie being my childhood crush and all.
"Oo there you go Jack! Rekindle your love!" My mom answered teasing me, I could feel my face burning up. We headed towards the bar and there she was, Rosie, her soft blonde her touching the lower back and her blue eyes glistening between her feathered eyelashes. She was beautiful, and if this wasn't butterfly's in my stomach, I don't know what was.