Their Tragic End (Alison x Kallum)

No food.No water.No weapons.

Alison was straining to barricade the door of the house shut. She slowly backed away from the door, panting. "Okay.... Okay.. They're not getting through this way.." She whimpered loudly in fear as a zombie punched a hole in the door and she backed up. I've never seen her this scared before..

I walked up behind her and held her around the waist. "Hey. It's okay.. It's going to hold back just a little while longer."

"Kallum.. My best friend.. Are you.. Sure you don't have any more ammo for your pistol..?" She asked, quivering in fear.

"Yes.." I nodded.

"Have you checked for pills?" She looked panicky.

"Alison.."

"Not even rat poison?!" Her voice was getting louder.

"Alison." I said in a stern voice, trying to calm her down.

"I know this is such a horrible way to go, but.. N-not like this.." She stepped away from me, staring down at her hands as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Alison.."

"I.. I DON'T WANT IT TO BE LIKE THIS!" she shouted through her sobs. I could only stand there and hold back the urge to hug her. She needed to vent out. This zombie apocalypse was all putting too much on her..

"I WANTED TO GROW UP! I WANTED TO TRAVEL THE WORLD!"

She put her hands to her face and sobbed harder. "I WANT TIM AND KOSCHEI TO BE ALIVE!"

"WHERE'S THE HELP THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND?!" Now she was really screaming. "WHERE'S EVERYBODY..?" Her voice softened as her sobs came back.

The zombies were breaking the door down.

"They're coming in..." She stepped closer to me, eyeing the zombies and the endless tears rolled down her face. "Kallum! they're getting in, can't we do something?"

I grabbed her arm. "Alison.."

She suddenly hugged me, catching me by surprise.

"I wanted... I wanted to.."

"Alison.." I hugged her back.

"I wanted to marry you.."

A small tear formed in my eye. Why hasn't she told me this before? We're both 21 now.. We've known each other for 14 years.. Why didn't she give me any hints?

We both stood there, hugging each other as the zombie's groaning became louder. they were surrounding our house, and we both knew it.

I closed my eyes and began singing her favourite song to her. The one she always sang when she thought no one was listening. I sang the best I could. "Come with me.. My love.. To the sea.. The sea of love." Memories began flooding my head. The sight of Tim, my brother, shot through the head and laying dead on the ground. I closed my eyes tightly and continued to sing. "I wanna tell you.. How much.."

"I love you.." She joined in with my singing and she sniffled. Her voice was cracking as she tried her best to stop crying.

Another memory filled my head. The memory of our best friend, Koschei, risking his life to save us from a huge horde of zombies.

"Do you remember..?" We both continued. "When we met..? That's the day I kn--" She cried out in fear as a zombie smashed a window open and tried climbing in. She hugged me tighter and buried her face into my shoulder, breathing hard.

She looked back and we both watched as the zombies growled and groaned, slowly making their way in. I grabbed her cheek and made her look away, backing up to the wall with her. "Shh.. It's ok.."

She whimpered and sobbed softly as I held her tightly, humming the tune of the song into her ear softly. I held her hand and wrapped my fingers around hers, placing my hand on her waist. We both rocked slowly from foot to foot, dancing like we did together at our high school prom.

I continued dancing slowly with her as the zombies began piling in at the windows, breaking the boards barricading them.

The glass broke as the zombies climbed in and Alison screamed, letting go of me and hiding behind me as the zombies rushed at us. I gripped the unloaded pistol in my back pocket.

They quickly surrounded us and began eating away at us. I held back my screams and Alison fought hard and long, cussing at the zombies and trying to help me.

She reached her hand out to me weakly, knowing she wasnt going to survive them. I reached my hand out at her, desperately trying to hold her hand one last time.

But then... She died. Her hand slowly lowered and I screamed. "Alison!"

The zombies pulled me down to the floor and I stared in horror as the zombies ate away at her. Her eyes were closed and she looked calm. Like she was finally at peace after all these years of pain and suffering.

A single tear rolled down my cheek and I closed my eyes, the life slowly fading out of me.

I love you...