Prologue

300 years ago there was only one kingdom Serene. The kingdom consisted of human and magical creatures. The magical creatures included fairies, pixies, trolls, ogres, elves, and gnomes. truly they did not look that different except for key classifications like who could perform magic and who had a strong physical physique. Who could work with children and which worked with adults. Fairies and pixies can perform magic and often work as nannies to the rich. They also work as birth maidens. Elves and gnomes were smart enough to be trusted with paperwork. Trolls and ogres are strong so they work the hard labor jobs. It truly does not matter what they were or what they are now. The fact is that we humans are the superior race. The magical creatures are nothing but slaves and that's how it will always be. But 300 years ago king Ornice had the radical idea of granting that magical creatures their freedom. The king stated that for decades the magical creatures have proved themselves as substantial members of society. His best friend and our future first king Zubeen of house Lyons protested against his king. He stated that magical creatures are just waiting for the chance to take us down. He claimed that they are too different to be considered equals. Their blood is silver, their powers are strong. If we let them free they will have no one to control them and they will rampage. The king ignore his words. For years they argued over this, till they realized arguments could not solve this dilemma. The war of a nation began.

"Mommy e wom", said the small two year girl.

I look down at my baby girl and said, "Are you going to let me finish Penny? If not it is time for you to go to sleep.".

Penny's older twin sprung from his bed and screamed, " not slwepy."

I stood from the chair standing in the middle of their room. I walked to silver's bed. With that he knew to settle back down. I simply smiled how he was so easy to read . i tucked him again knowing soon i would need to do it again. I kissed him and walked back to the chair and asked, " am i going to be interrupted again," i heard no answer. So i answered, " ok then let's continue!"

The war was long, hard, and plenty of people and magical creatures died. The death toll was too high to count so a compromise came into place. The kingdom of serene would be split into two. One kingdom would ignorantly allow the magical creatures to live freely without the chains of slavery. That kingdom kept the original name of serene and original royal bloodline. The other kingdom was our land where we keep the magical creatures in continued slavery. This is our kingdom of Divina. We started our royal bloodline with our first king Zubeen. Then twenty something years ago our queen and king could not have a child. They tried and tried, but there were no results. One day the queen and king were walking along the forest. The queen heard a small cry. She began to follow after the cry and as she got closer she found a small basket with a newborn baby. She held the child in her arms and she decided this would be her child. The small child in the basket was Bishop. He became the first crown prince. When he was 8 years old he found a small 5 year old girl in the forest and took her in as his friend. That girl was me.

When i got up from the chair, i could see that both of them were in deep sleep. I began to make my way to my room. The maids and servants bowed as I made my way down the long, deep hall. As less light and sound Couldn't reach me i began to feel tears running down down my face. After this realization I ran as quickly as possible to reach my room and make sure no one could see me, Cry the tears of a broken heart.