Chapter One

Coffee. That's what I needed. It's what could make my mornings feel normal while I was secretly on a sugar high. It was my favorite part of the morning.

I walk through the doors of my everyday coffee shop. It wasn't Starbucks, but it was enough. I make my way around the tables to get to the front counter of the coffee shop. I needed a latte. I craved a latte.

As I was waiting for the cashier to come to the front to take my order, I pull out my phone to waste time. I shoot a quick text to my best friend telling her I'd be at her place in a few minutes.

"Hello," a deep voice politely greets. "What can I get for you today?"

I look up from my phone not expecting the sight before me. He was cute. Scratch that. He was hot. Very good looking if I say so myself. His hair was pushed back from his forehead as a style most would call a quiff. His bright, green, almond shaped eyes were shining with happiness. His Roman nose and natural lip shape only added to the beauty he possessed.

"Hi," I greet with a smile on my face. "A latte would be fine. Thanks."

The cashier smiles at me as he puts my order in.

"You name?"

"Chelsa."

"That'll be $2.79."

I give him the money from my hand as I already had it out knowing how much a latte was. He gives me my change with yet another smile before turning around and making my latte. He writes something on the cup of what I assume is my name. He quickly comes back and gives the coffee to me.

"You know I really didn't need your name for the coffee," he honestly says with a smirk graced on his lips.

"Well, considering there is no one else left in this coffee shop, it wasn't hard to know who had the coffee. Although, if the shop was full, I'd still know who had the coffee. I can't forget a face like yours. I honestly wanted your name so I'd know who you were."

I smile and playfully roll my eyes. "So you're trying to be slick?"

"Attempting it, yes."

I start to walk away before remembering he wrote something on the cup. Curious as to what he wrote since he didn't want my name for the coffee, I look at it. Ten numbers were written on the cup with two dashes in between them.

He gave me his number.

"I gotta' say," I turn around to talk to him, "you did a pretty well job with the number thing. I wasn't expecting that."

I walk out of the coffee shop with a smile on my face ready to call the boy already. I resisted knowing it'd be a tad creepy if I immediately called him.

That was possibly the best experience I've had with an employee in that coffee shop.

. _ . . _ . . _ . . _ .

I walk into my best friends house without knocking. It's honestly nothing new and we do it all the time.

"I'm here," I tell through the house trying to get Sam's attention. He doesn't particularly listen all the time.

Within a few minutes, I finally hear Sam making his way down the stairs. I was jealous of his house if I'm being honest. He had this two story house that could look like a mega mansion if it was any taller while I lived in a small one story house. My parents didn't have a lot of money.

"Took you long enough," Sam rolled his eyes with a playful smile. "I thought you weren't going to come there for a second."

I roll my eyes mimicking him. "Oh, shut up. I met someone."

"I'll believe that when I see it," Sam teases as he sits on the living room couch.

"Believe it, boy," I say with a touch of sass and a smirk on my lips. "Because I got his number."

Sam's eyes become wide as he looks at me shocked. "Not only did you meet a guy, but you got his number?"

"Yes," I say annoyed because of his lack of confidence in me. "You're annoying sometimes you know."

"Oh, shush. Now where's the number?"

I hand Sam my plastic coffee cup to show him the number. Sam's eyes scan the ten digits as if trying to memorize them.

"Have you called it yet?"

"No," I admit defeated. I hadn't called it yet because I didn't want to seem like a creep. It was to soon after I'd gotten my coffee.

"Well, call it you dumb fuck," Sam insulted me.

"Fine, fine," I said as I pulled out my phone. "Just stop cursing. You know I hate that. Now, you want to tell me the number? Because that'd be fantastic you know."

"Don't get sassy with me, Chelsa. I already get enough of that from Ashley."

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked him sympathetically. He and Ashley never had a great situation from the beginning. She was inconsiderate and rude. I couldn't stand her if I'm being completely honest, but Sam loved her so I loved her... As much as I could anyway.

"Yeah, it's whatever. I honestly don't care anymore."

I become sad with Sam's statement. They'd been together for three years and now they're breaking it off as if it was nothing.

"Anyways," Sam interrupted. "Enough of my drama. Let's talk about you and that guy you met at the coffee shop."

A smile breaths out onto my face when he mentions the guy. He was oh so cute with every feature. His sharp jawline and tall, slightly muscular figure added to it the more I thought about it. Ugh, why is he so good looking?

"Call him," Sam demands, not giving me s choice.

I pick up okay phone from the table along with my coffee cup Sam had previously been looking at. I dial the number on my phone screen, double checking to make sure I got it right. The phone rang for a mere five seconds before he finally picked up.

"Hello?" I hear the guys deep voice through the phone.

"Hey," I awkwardly said. "It's Chelsa."

"Right," the guy says with a smirk on his features. "The girl from the coffee shop earlier, correct?"

"It's me," I attempted to be playful, but cringe when I realize I can't talk to guys if my life depended on it.

"I'm Christopher by the way," he informs me of his name.

Well, Christopher, I'm excited to get to know you.

___________

Heyyyy!! I'm an awkward teen with nothing to do and was excited to write, so here it is.

First chapter guyssss!!! How do you like it so far? Probably not at all, but that okay! Maybe you'll get to where you like it in the future if you continue reading.

Anywayyy, the chapters will get longer, this was just a beginning. I needed somewhere to start and decided this was a perfect place to end for right now.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment! I love feedback because it helps me improve my writing and lets me know you really enjoy it.

Thanks again, lovlies😘