Our school project

It was the day before the autumn-break, when our teachers spoke about an upcoming social project. A social project with a childrens-hospital. The father of one of my classmates, works together with this hospital. He also made this project three years before with another 8th grade class from our school. The students of the two 8th grade classes were interested in this topic, so we continued. The teachers asked the students of the two classes, who wanted to join them on a trip to this hospital. They said they'll take four students from each class.
After the break our teachers said who this four were and asked them, if they want to join. All of them said yes.
The next day they went to the childrens-hospital on the Tűzoltó street. They took photos, made some interesting videos and talked to the kids and the co-workers there. They could visit many places there but they couldn't visit some rooms, where very ill children were cured. After approxomatly two hours they came back to school.
The day after each class had a lesson with it's teacher. Our classmates, who had participated on this trip made a small presentation about their impressions and what they saw there. Then we talked about what we could do to donate money for the hospital. We decided to mark a place, where the students of the school can bring and donate their old toys and books. We also decided to tinker some little christmas presents for our raffle during the traditional christmas plays of the school. The two classes decided what the students have to do. Some of us got a job at our buffet and some us got a job at the raffle. We made this every three nights and we earned a lot of money. The people loved our hand-made presents. With the income we bought urgently needed instruments for the hospital. We also enjoyed the work.
We already finished our project and we are very thankful for the people, who had donated money, toys or books!