Discovery can be Harmful

CHAPTER 1

"Matthew Generez has recently gotten away with another crime. He is suspected to be the murderer of Alicia Williams, a lonely orphan. Matthew is currently on the run, there is a large reward for his capturer. That was today crime and justice report, I'm Mary and this was channel 56 news." The news reporter on the TV said with an unpleasant monotone. I did not murder Alica by any chance, she was my best friend. Yes, I am Matthew Generez, and yes, I'm a criminal, and yes, I'm only 15. The media try's to pin all the crimes on me, because there is nobody else brave enough for them to suspect. The recent decline in bravery is a serious condition caused by the zombie disease that is floating around my small town. In Skywarmth you'd think that we'd be exactly like our towns name, but if someone said that, they would be lying. Skywarmth is the exact opposite of it's name, it's cold, dark, dreary, and unpleasant. All the fame in our town goes to the army members, they have been going around checking peoples homes, with warrants of course, and then marking their door if a member in that house is infected with the zombie disease. I am nervous for when they come to my house, because my family has been desperately hiding me for the past 3 years. I have become a household name in our small town, and I demand to figure out all their secrets.

----------------------------------------------------

HI! This is one of the authors, I'm Kendall, the other author is Hannah! Hope you enjoy!