Edward Thatch

The greatest naval power that ever sailed the seas was the British Empire. The British empire did not fear anything when they were at sea and rightfully so, however there was one Ship they feared more then an ant fears a boot, and that ships name? The Queen Ann's Revenge. It wasn't necessarily the ship they feared, it was the captain of this evil ship that they feared. Edward Thatch, but you probably know him by another name, Black Beard. However im sure you've never heard the story of Matthew Kenway, or as he was know as to his family and close friends "Matt". Don't worry if you do not know anything about Matthew or Black beard because their storys are about to cross.

It was another day at sea, CAPTAIN Matthew Kenway at the helm, "I don't like other people piloting my ship", a line he had repeated far too many times, calls out for his crew to lower the top sails in order to catch more wind, and in turn more speed, speed which was somthing Matthew did not want to lose, he was on his was home to Havana to see his beautiful wife, and new born baby girl. With his money, which he earned from his sugar plantation locked away in his quarters (his room) Matthew felt as if he had finally reached that point in life where he could begin to slow down, little did he know him and his plantation were being watched, Matthew's plantation was very successful, meaning that he was very wealthy, and he did not want to hide that, which was a big mistake in these desperate times. Matthew was happy with his latest profit, but so was Black beard for this would be the big score Black beard had been waitting for.

"LOWER THE TOP SAILS" cried out Captain Matthew "in a hurry are we?" asked his first mate "of course John, Marry and Elizabeth are waitting for me, and with this money we plan on redoing the house." said Matthew with a big smile on his face. "That sounds nice" says John, Matthews first mate. "it will be, Marry wants to start with the Elizabeth's room." Matthew says "HAHAHA that does sound like Marry, the baby first and then you two." John says with a big smile remembering all the good times he spent with Marry and Matthew long before they had money, or a house with more then one room for that matter. "CAPTAIN! We have a ship following us!" calls our a memeber of the crew, Matthew quickly grabs his spy glass which Marry had gotten him many years ago. "What do you see matt?" asks john "NO" Matthew says with a great sence of fear "LOWER ALL SAILS CATCH ALL THE WIND" Matthew yells "captain the sails are already lowered" replies a crew member "matt who is it?" john asked concerned for Matthew and the crew "Black Beard" Matthew says with obvious fear "Can we gain anymore speed" Matthew crys out desperate to save him self and his crew "no sir" replies a crew member "im sorry we have to do this john." Matthew says "do what?" john replies "FIGHT. MAN THE CANNONS PREPARE TO FIRE" orders the Captain "Matt are you sure?" john asks unsure if they'll see tomarrow, "im sorry John but there's not enough wind to get us away."

"Captain they're turning around" a crew member says "I can see that Mr.Smith" Black beard says with the tone that says "obviously"

"do you want us to man the cannons?" asked Smith "if I wantted you to do that I would have given the order to do so" Black beard replies in an annoyed tone "so what do we do captain?" asked the crew member.

"Captain they aren't preping their cannons" says a member of Matthews crew "raise the sails, slow us down" orders Matthew "Matthew what are you doing!? what if its a trap!?" exclaims John "he obviously wants to talk" Matthew says with confidence "you're ganna get us killed" john says "keep the cannons below deck loaded and ready to fire on my command" Matthew says as he watches a small smile start to form on John's face.

"Mr.Kenway isn't it?" Black beard asks as their ships come side to side "aye, and Mr.Beard is it?" Matthew asks as he walks to the middle of his ship "I have been called many names, but that one will do for now" Black beard says as he too walks to the middle of his ship. Standing now just a few feet apart from each other Matthew can see clearly how he got the name 'Black beard'. As they lock eyes Matthew says "that's a pretty large beard you have there" trying to break the tension between them "that is a pretty large sum of gold you carry" Black beard says keeping eye contact "gold? we have no gold just sugar cane that we were told to ship to Havana" Matthew says as if it were the truth "do not play me for a fool young man, of all the storys about me none of which am I an idiot" Black beard says as if he had been offended "What do you mean? That IS our purpose for coming this way" Matthew says sticking to his story. just then Black beard snaps his fingers together and two crew men rush over and put a plank down between the two ships for Black beard to cross. "Permission granted...I suppose" Matthew says pointing out the fact that Black beard did not ask for permission to come aboard Matthew's ship which is like slapping the captain in the face. "I know you own that plantation and I know you just sold a large amount of your sugar which clearly means you have a large amount of gold in your possession, and Im guessing it's in your quarters." Black beard says with confidence "Mr.Beard as I told you already we have no gold, we are simply transporting the sugar to Hava-" and before Matthew could finish his sentence Black beard back hands Matthew knocking him down to his knees and as Matthew sits there for a moment Black beard takes out his pistol and points it towards Matthews head and says "Mr.Kenway I do not WANT to kill you but I will if you lie to me again, now for your sake you better hope there is no gold in your quarters."  walking to Matthews quarters Black beard places his pistol back in its holster. "Get up Matt" John says as he helps Matthew to his feet "I don't like this John" Matthew says a little sceptical of Black beards intentions "what do you mean?" John asks "Its not like Black beard to just come aboard and 'negotiate' like this" Matthew says "not much of a negotiation, but maybe he thought it was easier to take the gold this way rather than fish it outta the sea" John said "and that too, how did he know we have all that gold" Matthew asks "HAD" john says.