Prologue - Departure from Beaumonde

Hello, whoever's reading this. My name is Tomoko, and I'm from the bustling metropolis of Beaumonde City. You may know it as the fashion capital of the world. I couldn't really care less about fashion. I just finished my senior year of high school, and I want to become a famous singer really badly. It's, like, my dream, but things aren't going according to plan. I was the lead singer in a band, but we split up after our lead guitarist moved away. Things have been down hill since then.

You see, I don't always have the best behavior. I live alone with my dad, and he's tired of the way I act sometimes. I say, so what? My plan is to move out as soon as I possibly can. He doesn't think I can "make it in the real world," and says I'm a spoiled brat. I've been in a slump since my mom left and my dad started having financial problems, and my grades showed it too—I barely graduated from high school.

My dad is sending me to Cashmere Island for the summer to work at my aunt's boutique. Remember how I said I don't like fashion much? I don't get why he's shipping me off to an island in the middle of nowhere to work in the fashion industry, when I'm surrounded by fashion here in Beaumonde. Whatever. He seems to think she can discipline me somehow, when he hasn't been able to for the last seventeen years.

I'm going to pack my bags tonight, and then tomorrow, I'm headed to Starlight International Airport via Galaxy Air flight 178. It's a 14 hour flight, kill me now!