Branches and Monsters

Aryes: Hey guys! It's day 3 of OP Rare Pair week and the prompt I wrote on the word "battlefield" The pairing is XDrake x Hawkins~! I think it fit them pretty good, but look at the warnings guys~~! I wrote this very late, I will do all 7 days even if it kills me! Hope you all like it, it's kind of a warAU! with a bit of supernatural twists~! I will write the second chapter after this contest is over so be ready~

WARNINGS: YAOI (MALE X MALE) Death of a child, murder, nakedness, mentions of slavery, disturbing family past for Drake, and stuff! DARk themes so be ready okay! You have been warned good people!

Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece

Heroes Aren't Always In the Light

"...why...", the words echoing softly around them, tears flowing ever so plainly across his face as he cupped his ears, the screams didn't stop. They were trapped in his head, they wanted to leave him, they needed to go away. His tears came faster when a blast of pain hit his shoulder, but he still held tightly to the boy in his arms. The little boy had ran into the battlefield and had strayed too far for too long. Drake had called out to the boy, but he had been too late, he had seen the way the boy's eyes dulled and the hole in his chest, a sword going through him entirely right in the heart. There was screaming, but none from that boy, his screams were silent and his death quiet and absolutely subtle. There was no sound and Drake felt his eyes pool with tears, his vision blurring then going red and he heard his friend Law scream for him to stop as he lost control. Charging forward to grab the boy, he lost count of the massive massacre he had just committed, the several moments where he could see the last breath leave the other men as they died by his hands.

He felt sick and disgusted by himself, but the rage was absolutely unstoppable as he surged forward his blade slicing through a man's skull, blood moved slowly as he watched everything so slowly, the adrenaline pumping in him too fast and his roars of anger like a dragon or an ancient creature, he didn't sound human. In fact, he didn't feel human as he ripped one man's hand off and cried out again, tears falling without stop, he couldn't see, but his body just knew where to move. He didn't want this, he didn't want these emotions anymore, they hurt too much! He wanted to rip them out, but he couldn't, so he raged on further into enemy territory, he was unstoppable, until he was stopped.

A blonde man with scythes on his arm scratched deeply into shoulder cap, and Drake couldn't help but get angrier than before. His cries were hoarser than before, his throat protesting the abuse, but he was unable to control himself. "Servonomi Loxincon!" a voice yelled and suddenly Drake was caught, the offending thing sturdy and strong and quickly Drake realized it was wood. He struggled to escape, roaring and scratching at the wood like a savage animal, something that he wouldn't do if he were in a right mind set, but here he was, scratching at wood appendages that had caught him in a grip.

His eyes hazed in anger and in tears as the tree trunk gripped harder and he let out a choked gasp, he heard people talking, but he couldn't understand as he was fading in and out. His frustration starting to pass its limits and become fatigue, then he saw a person come before him. The color of sunlight, unlike the other blonde that hit his shoulder, the hair of the stranger was straight and not wispy and curly, there was an occasional wave. The person's face was unclear in front of him and a firm hand took his chin and tilted him more towards the blonde. The hand felt gloved despite the grip being firm, it was gentle as the blonde, clearly a man's voice, spoke, "...your eyes..." Drake growled at the blonde, even if the man was beautiful, he closed his eyes. These accursed eyes of his, they were odd and misshapen, they looked like a cat's pupil slits that shrunk to look almost satanic when he was angry.

The gentle hand became harsh as it pulled down his lip, the man making observations, "Your teeth, sharper than most humans...you're practically an animal...a beast." The voice seemed unamused and Drake couldn't hold back some sort of respite as he bit the finger that had prodded in his mouth. He tasted a bit of the blood that came from the wound, he must be in pain, but Drake refused to look at the man. "Hawkins, kill him already or I will instead!" a man growled, and the man called Hawkins seemed to respond, "No, I will keep him...he will be added to my collection." Drake's eyes popped open and he felt anger rise again and he bit harder into the finger, he heard a cracking sound. Hawkins didn't so much as move, the man staring at him unnerving him with purple eyes that glowed an unnatural hue.