My Life Then, My Life Now

We sat on the dock, feet dangling in the water as the sun finished setting. Neither of us had said anything, and an uncomfortable silence hung in the air. I wasn't sure why he had invited me, or why I had accepted the invitation. Finally he turned towards me.

"Why haven't you said anything?"

"Because you invited me here. Remember, Harris?"

That made him go quiet again. I looked away, out across the water, but i could feel his eyes on me. Finally, I felt the need to take the lead and start the conversation that both of us were dreading. 

"If you think that bringing me here is going to change anything then you're wrong," I said quietly.

When he met my gaze, malice filled his eyes.

"I just want to know what happened. I deserve to know what happened."

I thought his words over for a moment. He did deserve to know.

"Things are different now Harris. Things have changed." 

"Have they really Gracelund? Have they really changed, or do you just wish they had changed?" He snapped at me. 

When he phrased it like that, I wasn't actually sure. 

"If you want an explanantion, then I'll give you one. Where do you want me to start?" I said reluctantly. 

"How about October, when you first moved here?"

I layed back on the dock, staring at the starts, and preparing to tell the story of a lifetime.

---------------------------------------------------

This was my first attempt at a story.

Comment your critiques and ideas.

Thank you!

If you like it, comment and I'll put up more chapters!