Prologue

I do not own any of the images.

3rd POV

Somewhere in Brooklyn sleeps a teenage girl with an empty stomach and a brain full of algorithms. Lily sleeps peacefully as her mother slips in the front door from a late nights work at the grocery store. She barely stirred when a loud creaking noise was made when her mother opened the door to check on her. 

She was dreaming of all the things she could create, and her father of whom she has never met is her imaginary lab partner. He would be tall with dark hair. At least that is the way she imagined him. She knows that she will never meet him, but that doesn't stop her from dreaming of the way he could turn out. 

Lily's POV

I open my eyes and I can see the thin strands of sunlight drifting through my window. I can hear my mother in the kitchen making a lot of noise with the pans. I slowly pull myself out of bed. I shiver as my feet touch the cold wooden floor. I slip on my light blue fluffy robe and my silver slippers. I got them for my birthday when I was nine. They still fit to this day. I open my bedroom door to be met with the smell of bacon.

I run down the hallway and jump into a kitchen chair. When my mom wasn't home I usually forget to cook something to eat. I'm usually too busy designing experiments that I want to do. Most of the time it takes months for me to get all the parts together to start the building of the project. 

My mom sets a blue plastic plate with bacon and eggs in front of me and then hands me a small silver fork. I start to slowly eat while watching her. She's too quiet, and she seems nervous. I stare at her curiously. 

"Mom is something wrong," I ask. She frantically shakes her head. Then she starts to mumble to herself quietly. 

"Can you run to the store to get me some eggs and milk please," she asks quickly. Then she looks out the window and her face pales. She hurries me to my room.

"Please hurry," she said. I quickly change into a black AC/DC shirt, a red flannel, a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, and then my black high top Converse. I pull my hair into messy bun and then ran out the door. I wonder what's wrong with my mom. I try to ignore the sinking feeling in my gut. 

Why do I feel like something bad is about to happen? The feeling of sadness starts to run through my mind. I quickly run into the store and grab a carton of milk and a package of eggs. I rush to the cashier counter. 

The boy at the counter looks at me weirdly while scanning my items. He hands me a piece of paper and I thank him and rush out of the store. As I walk quickly I look at the piece of paper. All it says is "call me" and a phone number. I scowl and continue down the street to the apartment. 

When I come to the door a feeling of dread washes over me when I see that it's open. I walk inside to see everything trashed and thrown on the ground. I run around the house looking for my mom. 

"Mom! Where are you? Are you OK," I ask with desperation in my voice. There is no reply to my question. I throw open all the doors frantically, but she is not to be found. 

3rd POV

Lily quickly rushes into the kitchen and grabs the phone from off the counter. She unlocks it and quickly calls 911. 

"Please you got to help me! My mother sent me out for groceries and when I returned I found the door open and the apartment trashed. I can't find my mom. My address is ***************," she quickly yelled. 

She sat down on the floor and began to sob. She slowly pulled herself together. She wiped away her tears. She stood just when a police man rushed into the open apartment door. They soon had an entire team in there searching for evidence. A police woman sat down next to Lily and wiped away her tears. 

"I need to ask you some questions," she said. Lily said a small, quiet OK. 

"Was your mother acting strangely before you left," she asked while taking out her pencil to write in her small navy notebook. 

"Yes. She was nervous and frantic. When she looked out of the window she paled and then hurried me even more." The police woman nodded.

"Does your mother have any enemies that you know of," she asked. 

"No. My mother was a kind person who didn't have a mean bone in her body. Everybody loves her. I don't think anyone could hate her," said Lily. The police woman raised her brow while writing that. 

"Do you know who your father is? Where he lives," she asked. The girl looked down at her hands before she answered. 

"No. I've never met him and my mom never spoke of him. She just said that he didn't know about me," said Lily sadly. The woman gestured for a man to come over. 

Lily's POV

"Please take her with you to the lab and run a DNA test through the system or try to find her birth certificate in the system. We need to know who her father is so that she can stay with him." The man nodded with a straight face. He grabbed my forearm gently and pulled me with him. I followed behind him to his company issued police car.

He helped me into the passenger side and then slammed my door. He walked around the front of the car and hopped in. 

"My name is Patrick," he said quietly. I smile at him surprised.

"I'm Lily," I said. The rest of the drive we sat in silence. Soon we pulled up to the police station. He helped me out once again and escorted me inside. He guided me until we came to a lab. There is a very small man with black curly hair and tan skin. He has dark green eyes and an easy smile. 

Third POV

"This is Lily. We need you to find her birth certificate or do a DNA test to find her father. Please be kind to her and when you have found the information come and notify me. I will be doing paper work at my desk."

After that he walks briskly out of the room. The other man she could tell was named Hunter by his name tag that he's wearing on a lanyard. 

He gestured for her to follow him. She followed him to the room he was talking about and then sat down in the chair he pointed to. He sat down at the desk in front of her. He logged onto his computer and then turned to her. 

"What's your full name and your birth date," he asked her. 

"My name is Lily Maria Carters, and my birth date is December 23, 2001." He nodded while typing it into his computer. He clicked the enter button and then froze when the results came up. He clicked the reload button again and then sighed. 

"It seems your father is Tony Stark. You weren't aware of that," he asked in shock. Her eyes widened and she shook her head. He muttered under his breath and then look back at her. 

"Lets go see Officer Jackson so he can take you to see your father. Officer Maria already packed you a bag. It's in the office." He led her out of the room. They stopped at the office where Patrick from earlier was in. He stared at them as they walked in. Hunter started to whisper in Patrick's ear. Patrick's eyes widened. She stared at them in shock. She just couldn't believe that her father is famous. 

Tony's POV

I walk down the hallway and into the living room. There sits Steve, Bruce, Natasha, and Clint. They are all watching Big Hero Six.  I laugh as I see Steve looking shocked at the movie. Suddenly the elevator door opened with a ding. In walked a police officer and a young teenage girl. The man was tall, blonde, and has blue eyes. The teenage girl seems familiar. She is short and petite with fair skin and dark brown hair. She carries a black backpack. 

"What's this about sir? Have we done something wrong," asks Steve. The police officer turns to look at me.

"Are you OK talking in front of them," asked the police officer. I nodded.

"This is Lily Maria Carter. Also known as Lily Maria Stark."

Do you like this? Should I continue this? Please comment. Don't be shy.