I think we should run....

If you think this is your typical cliche teenage supernatural story then you have guessed wrong, yes there is drama, love and heart ache but a happy ending isn't an option. As sit under the rail way bridge I can feel a slight breeze flow through my tasselled large dark curls, I look above me and only see the stars peaking through the slender gaps between the broad wooden sleepers that support the train tracks, I look below me to only see the reflection of what is above me but distorted by the ripples of the lake below me. Its so quiet, the most noise comes from an occasional train barreling across the tracks and the debris that falls in to the lake afterwards.

It's peculiar how such an open place can make you feel so safe, a place so different and underlying can feel so unassailable, impervious and sheltered. Running was not a new thing for me but staying in a single place for the amount of time I have spent is something I would previously forbid. It all began when I was sitting on a vline bus towards the town of Calamitas, I looked out the window only to see clones of the same houses mirroring each other, they were white with red roofs and have a perfectly manicured lawn with a row of three white roses placed behind a White fence. I must of been in a daze from starring at those houses for a while because it was interrupted by the rude halt of the bus, I swear the old bus driver was outraged by my leather jeans, black crop top and dark denim vest; just to stir the old bus driver even more I decided to not only walk down the isle but to strut and give him a slight wink as I pasted him.

As i stepped out I was confronted with group of brawny boys running past in golden shorts with a vertical white stripe down either side and the typical white t-shirt with a 'V' shaped sweat mark down both front and back of the shirts; instantly I moved as far away as possible for I knew who they were, they were the 'Sliver knights' in training, the one breed of people that sirens like me fear the most.

I pulled out a small folded piece of paper with an address on it, my beloved step sisters had left me: 75 Rover avenue, Calamitas 4567, I typed the address into my smart phone and followed the directions accordingly all of the while watching for the sliver knights around every corner. when I reached my destination I was faced with a wooden house built around a willow tree, my step sisters are called Legeia and leucosia; they are quite dramatic and take this as their idea of laying low. As I worked my way up the winded stair case I could hear the crickets chirping away, to some this is peaceful to me this is torture so my initial reaction was to sing, sing until I attracted all the crickets and suck the life out of every single one; the perks of being a siren.

I sat in the corner of a large room but I was very unsure on what room because it had gotten very dark very quickly and like always I was alone. As perusal I started thinking of my past rethinking the same things over and over again, I was only 14 when I was transformed into a siren, my farther sold me off to a group of scientists that called themselves the Demeters, they were experimenting with supernatural genetic material and stem cells to make a more advance soldier. There were two designs, the sirens and the sliver knights, there were at least 15 sirens and we were seen as a mistake so we had to be destroyed but before they could get to me I was set free by two girls that had blond hair, fair skin and blue eyes and they were soon became my new sisters. We escaped but are now forever wanted by the system, our biggest threat is the silver knights who are young men that have been moulded and educated to fit the systems criteria, they are brainwashed into all having the same mind set, so in summary they are all muscly robots that follow a ruthless officer called Donovan Kadar.

Awaken from my dreams and nightmares I realised that it was time for my breakfast, as a siren we only need to eat souls once a month but we are still able to human food but are not able to retain any energy from it, its a technique to help us camouflage and for pure please as we are still able to taste the food, which also comes in handy considering I have a terrible addiction to tinned fruits, Nutella and ice cream. I walk back down the stair case to find what was promised to me a car Chevrolet 150 and important details like identification.