The Beginning.

It was just your average day for 16 year old Alice Smith, working in Pops, serving her friends and local people from the town.
She heard the familiar sound of motorbikes and fixed her hair, hoping he would somehow notice her. Fp Jones, a Southside serpent walked through the door and straight up to the counter.

"Two burgers and a large chocolate shake, Alice." He said smiling up at her.
"Coming right up!" She walked off to get his order and within five minutes she had returned.
"Thanks Alice" Fp said while taking the tray off her, their hands touching on purpose.
Alice's heart fluttered, did he know she liked him? I mean, actually I'm pretty sure everyone from the Southside knew.

   After and hour and a half of the serpents being there, they all began to leave. Fp walked up to Alice and smiled.
"Thanks again..." this time he was awkward and his palms were sweating.
"No problem, that's what I'm here for" she smiled her bright smile he loved. Turning around to get someone else's order she heard him say her name.
"Alice.. do you want to go on a date with me?"
Alice stopped and turned slowly, "me?" He nodded. "Em, yeah sure" she smiled again.
"Okay I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7.30, wear something casual." He leaned in and gave her a soft peck on her check.
Her heart beat even faster as she smiled, waving him out the door.

Alice longed for half seven the next evening.
She rushed through all her customers, at 4 pm when the serpents usually arrived, Fp wasn't there. Her smiled faded and she continued on with her work.
Alice looked up to see another serpent standing there.
"Sweets, Fp said he'll see you at 7.30 sharp, he didn't want to ruin seeing you today."
Alice smiled her big smile yet again, "thank you." Just like that he left.

It felt like hours until 6:30 when Pop Tate told Alice she could go home.
Alice rushed home, jumped in the shower, using her favourite coconut scented shampoo and conditioner.
She got out of the shower, drying her curly  hair and leaving it down.
She applied at little make up, she didn't like over doing hers.
She wore dark blue jeans and her favourite marron t-shirt paired with white shoes she decided not to wear a jacket, she didn't know why.

She checked the time 7:22 pm. She decided to go down stairs and wait for Fp to come.
"Young lady, where are you off to?" She heard her father. "I'm going out with a few friends, that's alright is it not?" She asked, not telling him who because if the serpent king somehow found out his daughter was seeing Fp Jones he would not approve.
"Yes of course." He replied going back to reading his newspaper. "None of the boys are annoying you are they?" He questioned, asking about the serpents. I shook my head no and heard a car pull up.
"That'll be my friends dad bye!!" Alice said practically running out the door.
"He home before-" He was cut off by the door slamming shut. He knew exactly who she was going with but he didn't mind. He trusted Fp, but Alice didn't need to know that.

Fp smiled when he saw Alice walk out of the house. She got into the car. "Ali, you look.. wow." Alice blushed. "Thank you Forsythe."
The silence became some what awkward and Alice spoke "where are we going?"
"I was thinking about taking you to the drive in and then I dunno sweet water river?" He said looking at her smiling.
"Sounds good" her hands were on her thighs and she was looking out the window. She felt his hand slide into hers and she smiled wide.