Chapter I "A Bright Night"

It was a very low-breeze night, filled with no sounds from any direction, rather than the irritated cricket noise coming from behind me. I, of course, was staring into the night sky, focused on the glowing stars that were shimmering in and out. The grass had been very bristle like a brush, and it was starting to annoy me. I couldn't really figure out why I was outside for a moment, and my mind started to wander off. It was like I was being drag by a magnet, only the magnet had come looking for me from a distance. I couldn't help but keep looking at the sky.

"I wonder how high-school is gonna be like", I told myself, slowing falling asleep.

I was feeling a-little bit off today, only because I was frightened by the thought of high-school. Shady High has been in this towns life for generations, ever since I heard. I love reading books from this one person I liked, who also learned how to use magic for good. Her name was Magenta Spells, the greatest author of The Book of Spells. I mainly like her spells, but most of the time people thought she was fake, because how can a thirteen-year-old beat a fifty-year-old sorcerer in less than 5 attacks? Well, I don't know the answer myself, but I think it had to do with her smartness and instincts.

"I should be getting back inside now, it's late."

I only lived with my mom, and my mom was a great mailman. She had this talent for great potions and recipes, and her books made great appearances on television every once in a while. She had a nice life going, no more evil spirits to take out, no more having to sleep in the day, wake up in the night. Everything was just perfect the way it is, and I was hoping it stay that way, too. I looked up at the sky again one more time before getting up.

"Good night."

I got slowly to get inside before it became any colder, but I was stopped by a flash in the sky, like a lightning bolt.

"What that a shooting star?" I asked myself.

Well, what it seemed to be was more than just a shooting star. A meteor was now heading straight for me. I quickly got up to get inside and tell mom, but I tripped in a hole and landed face flat with mud in my eyes.

"Get it off! I need to get inside! Mom!"

One of my eyes were barely open long enough to see the meteor come hurdling down like a basketball. I closed my eyes to feel no pain afflicted on me. It was like it never happened. I open my eyes again to see someone in front of me.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Antony, you okay?" Mom urgently asked, holding a cold rag to my eye.

"Yeah, I think so. What happened?"

"You fell. You landed in mud and scraped your eye. What were you doing?"

"I saw a meteor heading right for us. I thought this it was the end."

"Was it a precognition?"

"No. I think it was a sign or something. I don't think precognitions happen when you're still awake. Then only happen in your sleep, right?"

"Yeah. I believe so."

I was thinking about the meteor. I didn't remember if I even made a wish yet either. I decided to wait it out, until I could figure it out tomorrow.

"What's that?" mom asked, pointing to what seemed to be a glowing, white, crystal, eight pointed star around my neck.

"I...don't know. I don't think I remember putting it on or even having something like this."

I only thought for a second about all this. Was the universe giving me a message? Because if so, then first thing I need is to get some sleep for tomorrow when...ugh...school starts.