Alone.

8:00 am tuesday morning

In a world of hate. All you can do is be alone. And sometimes being alone is all that the world can give you for your fate. It sometimes has to be pushed and worked at to be a loving world. But nobody wants to hold on to this life. I checked my bag before stepping on the bus. "Boston?" The bus driver asked, I nodded. I dropped a coin into the slot as he closed the door behind me. I looked for a seat to take. I found one in the back where I slumped down in the seat and put in my earbuds.

I felt a tug at the back of my mind that said not everything is bad in the world.

9:00 pm

I know I have Emilie and Rachael but they don't really get me you know? And the guy im crushing on? (Hard I might add), Jared, doesn't even know I exist. I was sitting in my window seat when I saw a shooting star pass by.I wish, I thought,God I don't know what I wish for anymore.I wish my mom was still alive, I wish my so-called friends would leave me alone, I wish Jared would notice me, I wish my father would stop hitting on me, I wish I would stop and make it happen!!

I thought angrily.Sitting alone looking out the window, I fell asleep to the thoughts of shooting stars and abusive fathers.

8:00 am Wednesday morning.

I woke up with a start.My entire body was stiff from curling up on my seat all night.I felt like a 100-year-old woman stuck in a 17- year- old body.I sat up with a groan and looked at my clock.Oh crap!I thought, I gotta get ready!!

With 15 minutes to get to school I hit the shower.7 minutes later I was running from my bathroom to my room to get dressed.I picked out a white tank with a red jacket.The jacket had my name embroided on the back that I got from the squad when I quit cheerleading, and skinny jeans.I brushed my hair and threw it up in a ponytail.I then put my makeup and red lipstick in my bag to put on in school.I grabbed a granola bar and ate it on the way out the door.I ran to the bus stop.I didn't have my license, my jerk of a father wouldn't allow it. 6 months and i'll be out of here.I thought as I ran.I beat the bus the bus by 30 seconds.Literally.

As i sat down in the seat and put in my earbuds and tipped my head back.20 seconds later i felt a tug on my wires and looked up.I saw my red-head freckled-face friend Emilie grinning down at me.She was looking at me like a baboon,no words,just grins.

"What are you staring at you wierdo?" I asked her.

"Nothing you just look really dressed up today."she replied.

"Really?" I looked down at the outfit i threw on this morning.It looked casual to me,i guess we have different sense of casual and dressed up.I looked back up at her and gave her a weird look.

"I know that you might not think you look dressed up but ask anyone you are. And you know what?"she asked.

"What?" I asked back.
"You look cute,so it doesn't matter"
"Um....you realize how weird it is for you to say I'm cute?" I asked her.
"It's not weird we're best friends,we're supposed to tell each other we look cute."
Thank God the bus happened to pull up in front of the school or I would have said some things that I would've regretted especially when she is easily hurt. She was still talking when we got off the bus. That happened to be the moment that Rachael walked up to us. I whispered quietly enough that only she heard, "please shut her up, she's driving me crazy!" She laughed and shook her head at me.
"You know when she gets started that she doesn't stop until someone knocks her out." She whispered back. Last summer when we were on a boat celebrating the end of junior year,she drove everyone crazy rambling on about random stuff. Finally one of the football players,I can't remember who, knocked her out with a frisbee. That got her time quiet for at least a half an hour.