cow tipping

"Cow Tipping, no way," I replied definitely while crossing my arms.

"Come on," Paco urged, "It'll be fun."

Tony and Nicole joined the conversation, "Yeah don't be a party pooper, Hope. Come with us!" They all watched in anticipation as I blew slowly out of my mouth. Finally, I begrudgingly gave in to the peer pressure.

"Yeah, sure." With me on board, everyone prepared for nightfall.

Time ticked by slowly as night crept closer. At about 7 pm Paco started driving us to the dairy farm only five miles away from our house.

When we arrived at 7:10, the lights were off, and the sky was a beautiful mix of purple and blue. Luckily for us, the cows were left in the field for the night. The boys bickered for a couple minutes over what cow to tip until I told them to be quiet and that I would pick the perfect cow. I foraged for the perfect cow until I found a massive one.

"What a workout this will be," I whispered to Nicole, who laughed quietly with me. Nicole ushered the boys over to help push. The cow was only halfway over when we heard a shout from across the field.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" One of the farm assistants appeared over the rise, holding a lantern. A cop followed, not far behind. While the others were frozen in fear, I sprung into action.

"Guys! Back to the truck!" I whispered, loud enough for them to hear. As if woken from a trance, they all ran with me back to the truck. Tony almost didn't make it in, for Paco was already starting to drive. I was watching the farm assistant and the cop fade into the darkness when my phone rang. I opened the phone and my dad started ranting.

"Hey, dad, slow down. Just tell me what's going on." He took a deep breath.

"It's your mother, she's hurt. Tell Paco to drive you all to Nebraska, as soon as possible."

"Alright, we're coming," I told everyone about the situation and Paco turned the car around, heading toward Nebraska.