CHAPTER 1

He told himself none of it mattered.
Not the fact that he got lost which meant that he was late. It didn't matter that he was dressed in rags, dampened by the rainc. He shouldn't care that his hair was a nightmare and he had arrived empty handed. The only comfort came from the fact that he knew she wasn't a flowers and chocolate type of girl.
Then he realised that the girl in his head wasn't timeless. She belonged to a lost childhood that he had she desperately fought to keep hidden in the dark depths of his mind. She was a hazy blurred memory of misplaced assurances and whispered promises. She ws delayed into blessed oblivion, safe from the cruel world that he was thrown in.
Now, his conflict was born from uncertainty to whatever was within the confinements of the small diner he had once seeked refuge. Twelve years later and nothing had changed. He was chasing the past, with nothing but regret and
The girl waiting for him had aged with the world. She didn't get lost in the morning paradox of their ugly past.
For all he knew, she wasn't there.
His only hope and greatest fear was that she was no longer his. She grew up, moved on and found herself in the world;, met someone who helped heal and forget. Someone who taught her to be less angry and opened her eyes in ways that he never could. Her future would offer more than he ever would.
Yet he was here.
And she was here.
For now, that was enough.