Act I Scene IV

(Set at the group's table)

RONNIE: (sits at the table, across from BLU, and FRANKIE, reading a book)
GRANT: (walks up to the table, and frowns) Ok, Belle. (sits next to RONNIE and takes the book out of her hands) Get your nose out of a book, and be social, for once.
RONNIE: (Sighs) Come on, G. First of all, I was just getting to my favorite part! And you know I'm not good at the whole...people thing.                                                                                                                        GRANT: Well you need to learn to be. It's senior year, and you haven't tried to do anything involving actual people; not book characters. Colleges don't just look at grades, you know. It's club rush week. You need to join something. Like French Club or Key Club- Something!   RONNIE: (smiles at GRANT) Oh, but I have.                                                                                                 GRANT: (Looking excited) Really?                                                                                                                     RONNIE: Yes. (Grabs book from GRANT) Book club.                                                                            GRANT:(face falls, and groans) Ronnie.                                                                                                      ROCKY: (walks up to the table) Just drop it, Grant. It's fine if she's not the biggest social freaking butterfly ever to hit Raven Hill High. (sits on the other side of RONNIE) She has us. Besides, we can't all be Varsity Football Stars.                                                                                      FRANKIE: Yeah, she has the right to hate everyone.                                                                                          GRANT: (turns to FRANKIE) Oh shut up, Mr.Student-Body-President.                                                 BLU: Yeah, Frankenstein. It's your job to like people.                                                                       FRANKIE: Doesn't mean I do.                                                                                                                                   BLU: (rolls her eyes, bumps FRANKIE's shoulder, smiling at him)                                                         EVIE: Wait, wait, wait. Blu, when did you get here?                                                                                     BLU: I've been here literally the entire time.                                                                                                        LILY: Hey, cuz! I was just on my way to the techer's lounge. But then I saw this. (Hands BLU a piece of paper.)                                                                                                                                                             BLU: Explain?                                                                                                                                                                 LILY: It's the open auditions for the school play.                                                                                   FRANKIE: (gasps) Oh my God. Blu, you have to!                                                                                                   BLU: What? No, no, no, no.                                                                                                                                      LILY: Too late. (Smiles) I already signed you up.                                                                                            BLU: No, Lily. I am perfectly happy inside of my tiny invisibility bubble.                                         FRANKIE: No, you're not. Three years of high school, and nobody knows you exist.                      ROCKY: Frankie!                                                                                                                                                    FRANKIE: What? She needs to hear this.                                                                                                           LILY: You are so talented. Please don't let it go waste.                                                                                BLU: But-                                                                                                                                                                          ROCKY: As much as I hate to admit Frankie's right, I have to agree with him. You have to do this.  BLU: I just can't. (Sighs) I have to go, guys. (gets up and leaves).