1: how are we

Ever since the war ended, after the villages are back to life and the citizens continued on, I sometimes need to turn around looked at our small team and asked myself "How are we?", because our little group went through a lot of things; we suffered, we loved, and we died yet we kept going. There's so many things, too many things, that has changed. Both good and bad.

Sasuke is back, that's one thing. But he won't be staying any longer— he has a redemption to fulfill, he says. And I asked him if I can come along too with hesitation, afraid that he'll say the same thing he had said many years ago. Instead, I saw a slight smile before he poked my forehead and said, "Maybe next time."

And I smiled and knew I was all too willing to wait for him.

Even when Naruto held my hand and look at me straight in the eyes, with his gentle gaze and soft hands and under a starry sky, he suddenly said "I still love you."

My answer still staid the same for him, and we laughed it off.

Yet here I am Sasuke-kun, and where are you?

Because I'm afraid I might be losing a pit of patience and my heart may be on the verge of being stolen. And it hurts, to look at you both and choose. When I open my heart to you and he opens his own to me.

So here I am, in the safe walls of my apartment. Staring up at the ceiling and laying on the comforts of my bed before my shift starts and the day continues on.

Just taking the time to choose.

And I wish someone would come down from heaven and tell me which one I should.