Chapter Thirty

"Are you ready, baby girl?" Demi carelessly rubbed her thumb over my hand.

"I guess, it's going to be crazy as fuck." I chuckled.

"Yep, we are going to make many memories throughout this new year." Demi leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"I agree." I nuzzled into her neck.

"How long left to the new year?" Mia appeared and sat beside me.

"Er.." Demi looked at her watch, "8 minutes."

Mia made a low whistle noise and sighed. "I seriously can't believe how far this year has gone."

"I know right, I still can't believe I'm sitting next to the one and only Demi Lovato." I giggled.

"Trust me I can't believe it either." We both erupted in giggles.

After a long but comfortable silence, Mia spoke up. "I just hope this new year will finally be positive for me."

I departed from Demi's embrace and shifted my body closer to Mia. I wrapped my petite arms around her fragile body. "Hey, of course, it's going be positive, you're going to be with us. Your dad will never step foot into your life again, he's far gone now. Even if he does try to, I and Demi won't allow it."

"I can't stay with you lot forever." She frowned.

"Who says you can't?"

"Well, I wouldn't want to intrude."

"You won't, Mia. Trust me." I smiled.

"5 minutes, guys!" Dallas appeared.

"Holy fuck." Mia gulped.

I hugged her tightly once more before we all gathered into the lounge and put the TV on for the countdown. It was being filmed back in New York.

"Everyone ready?" Eddie asked.

There was a mix of 'yes' and 'hell yeah' from everyone. I looked back at the TV to see them already starting to count from 55. Soon we all join in.

"30...29...28...27...26...25...24..23..22..21..20.."

Demi nudged me in the stomach gently. I looked up at her and smiled while placing my head on her shoulder. She kissed it before placing hers on top.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2..1-"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR." Everyone screamed.

The room was filled with laughter and cheers. Everyone had huge grins plastered on their faces. Demi hugged me so tight and whispered,

"Happy New Year, baby. May your year be filled with pure happiness." I smiled and nuzzled into her once again.

I honestly felt happy.

Demi insisted on the kids - me, Maddie and Mia - to head to bed. I wasn't going to complain because I was genuinely tired.

I followed Demi up to my room as she wanted to sit with me for a while until I fall asleep. I slumped onto my big bed and tucked myself in.

"Did you have a good time today?" Demi asked as she sat next to me.

"Yes indeed."

"I'm glad, baby." She hovered over me and graze my cheeks.

"Can you sing me a song?" I pleaded.

"Of course."

"I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby, I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale.."

I began to feel a wave of tiredness pass inside me. Demi's angelic voice was really soothing and gentle, something I could never get bored of. I slowly fell into a deep sleep as Demi carried on with the song. I stopped focusing on her singing after that, I was more concentrated on my thoughts.

Will this year be positive for me?

Will Mia still be with us?

Will I still be with Demi?

Will Demi no longer love me?

Some of these thoughts were very negative. I just hope that they don't come true.

I thought about recent years. How things changed so quickly. From being brought into an orphanage to being adopted by Demi. Things I never expected to happen. It's crazy.

But I can finally say that I made it, though. It's good to know I have.

I just hope this new year goes well.

Bring on 2014.