Cure Me

January 30th, 2109

To anyone and everyone who reads this,

It has been long questioned how far humanity has come. Humanity has indeed come a long way from the chaos of the 21st century. We have set new records in achieving what was only a dream: accessing virtual reality while we're asleep, experiencing the 5th dimension, colonizing planets other than Earth, and so on. But with new technology came with new forms of weapons, some more apparent than others, and some that are kept in a black box of sorts.

I am that black box.

Although I have been a renowned author for the New York Times Bestseller, Intertwined, I have also been serving under the CIA for 8 years, unbeknownst to many. A lot of what we have accomplished in our current century was what I had written about in Intertwined. We are able to access a virtual reality world by simply falling into a meditative state, or during sleep. To access this virtual world, there are embedded microchips in our brains that assimilate into our neural connections.

As many of you already know, the CIA carries out secret missions. I don't carry out secret missions; I am the product of a secret mission. In collaboration with several top scientists in medical, biochemical, and technology fields, a virus containing microchips was developed in a lab. This virus has been secretly spread to target high-profile figures, criminals, and enemies.

The function of the virus is to create a psychic link to one mind. I carry that viral database in my mind. I have been responsible for winning and preventing wars around the world, preventing terrorist attacks, solving criminal cases, and the such. I became everyone that was linked to me. I could hear their thoughts, hear their sorrowful moments, hear their last moments before death. I could feel their happiness, sadness, fear. Who am I to experience the emotions of over 500 people within me? To take care of the flood of emotions, the labs created an antidote that dulled my ability to feel emotions.

The virus allows me to read the minds of those that are psychically linked to me. Information about terrorist attacks, war plans, crimes, and so on are all known to me. And I give this information to our government so that they can take well-planned actions. This may sound great that we can solve tough issues that plagued the world in the past. However, we are not considering the effects of it on the world's progress and its violation of human rights.

The mere act of deliberately knowing what others are thinking to plan accordingly to the various situations is an invasion of privacy. With my mind linked to a number of Americans, several of which are criminals due to my involvement in several criminal case trials, this violates the 4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

The existence of this virus is also in no way helping in the speeding the progression of the world. Our ancestors did not rely on such a virus to help progress the world to what it is today. Our ancestors used critical thinking and unique political techniques to solve world problems, even if they had to go in blindly. If our ancestors had the ability to deal with world problems such as that in past, so can we. Imagine life as a game. This virus would be the equivalent of a cheat in the system. I did not want to partake in this secret.

Since I didn't want to partake in this secret, I took on my own mission to seek the cure to the virus. The government had created a cure to the virus in case it didn't succeed. Since it did succeed, they hid it away from my reach if I ever wanted to look for it. The cure can sever all the psychic links to my brain, allowing me to be myself with my own thoughts and emotions. I will not have to deal with the hundreds of people inside my head. I will not have to deal with the government's plans. I will not have to have others and my rights be violated. I can at least live normally, just as I had before the CIA took me in.

Therefore, I yearned for a normal life and searched for the cure's location. However, the place is closely guarded and I was caught and imprisoned. Luckily, I am allowed to have visitors to the place of my imprisonment. I have met several publishers and editors I can trust with sensitive information. And so, I had asked to meet with my publisher and editor friends. Our conversations were highly monitored so the only way I could let them understand my current state, I wrote in short bits on sticky notes. It took them several visits to gather all the information.

This very letter is the result of all of those visits. I am grateful to them for being able to bring this situation into the light. I encourage everyone to take part in the petition to destroy the virus, to release me and cure me, and to make your voices heard that your rights matter. We cannot tolerate what the government has created.

In hopes for a justified world,

Victoria L.