Chapter one: You'll be a hero

I looked up at him, the hero of this fairy tale like reality. The one destined to stop and slaughter me, the villain. I laid down lifeless across from him, unable to move because of my wounds. 

He was the youngest son to the strongest hero family in the world. Some say he resembled superman, due to his immense power and pure heart. I say he would have resembled Patrick Star because of how gullible and silly he can be, but why don't we focus on the topic at hand. Which is my utter demise.

We were both across from each other, the destruction of the isolated and abandoned city surrounded us, but we didn't care. We didn't hear the sound of concrete falling from 30 story high buildings, nor the car alarms that screamed throughout the city. We didn't smell the gasoline or the smoke that filled the air. We weren't even bothered that the whole damn city was flattened because of our fight.

No

We were focused on each other, on the wounds that we inflicted on each other. On the question of whether or not this was right or wrong. On our breathing, on our heartbeats.

On hoping that we both make it out of here alive.

I knew that wasn't true though, mainly because I could barely breathe, I lost so much blood that it looks like it could paint a house, and also due to the fact that I feel as if every single bone in my body was snapped in half.

Klause slowly got up with a limp, and dragged a sword behind him. Every step he took made me feel content instead of scared. I knew it would end like this, doesn't it always end up like this no matter what story you hear? He knelt in front of me, and looked at me with tears in his eyes. I soon heard sniffling and his usually combed back hair was falling on his face.

I giggled, in hopes to ease the tension surrounding us. I wanted our last moments to be happy, just like all others.

"It's okay."

His lips trembled as he shook his head like a child not wanting to eat his vegetable. It was as if he was trying to change fate, but sadly this one was written in stone.

"Klause, I'm happy that I met a goofball like you."

His voice was weak , but he was able to choke out some words.

"You're not dying."

"Remember when the chihuahua stole your hot dog?"

More tears fell to the floor.

"Don't do this to us."

He sounded so broken.

"Oh! or remember when I accidentally flushed all of our keys down the toilet? The whole house flooded."

His shoulders were trembling and he was hunched forward.

"What I'm trying to say is, we had amazing and wonderful memories, but it's my time now." 

"Why though!? Just because it's a stupid prophecy? Because society views you as evil because of your family!?"

Yes

"Because you came from an elite evil family, and I came from an elite hero family?"

Of course

"Because I love you, Ruby!"

He threw the sword to the side and my heart broke. I wanted to hug him and tell him that we'll just run away. I mean, both of our parents and the world will hunt us down, but we'll fight them together. As long as we were together, it will all be okay.

I couldn't be selfish though. I want to give him the world. I want the world to see how amazing of a hero he is, and the only way for that to happen was for him to kill me, a villain.

I used the last of my physic powers to bring the sword over, and hovered it over my heart.

"Ruby stop."

I finally controlled his body, and forced him to hold onto the handle of the sword, and I smiled sadly at him as tears slowly streamed down his face.

"Klause, my beloved troublemaker."

He tried to move and get out of the hold, but he couldn't. This was for him, to thank him for showing me that even I had a little bit of good within me. To thank him for all that he's done for me. All of our adventures, and all of our moments were pure bliss because of him.

"Ruby!!"

A memory flashed before

His eyes looked back at me and they were full of their usual spark and playfulness. He smiled at me and than stared out into the sunset, as if contemplating the future.

"Promise to live for me when I die, Speedy?"

How can he ask me such a silly question? Everyone knows that the villain dies at the end, no matter what happens.

"Do you promise to live for me?"

He stared at me with fear as if I just told him that a ghost was behind him.

"It won't come to that."

"But what if it did?"

He sighed, gave me a small smile, and held my hand in reassurance.

"I'll live for you."

You better

I squeezed his hand in response.

"And I, you"

I'm sorry

I stared at him as the sword was only inches away from piercing my heart.

"You better keep your promise, Santa Clause."

I love you

My hero