Defenses Up (Because You're Worth It)

"Hyung, we need to talk," Namjoon stated the moment Yoongi walked through their door. Yoongi experienced a fleeting sense of dread, and momentarily pondered whether he should bolt before it was too late. The kitchen light was glaringly bright, and the dorm itself was eerily silent. The rest of the boys evidently had yet to return.

Seokjin and Namjoon were seated at the dining table, expressions somber and shoulders stiff. Their arms were resting on the tabletop, not quite touching, but close enough if the need arose. This was an apparently serious situation. Therefore, Yoongi wanted nothing to do with it. Then again, it was nearing eight in the evening, and Yoongi's bed had been calling to him for at least an hour. And logically, the reward would be even sweeter if he had to suffer for it.

"Uh, okay," he replied a second too late. Jin's face had already fallen into a telltale warning: run and there will be consequences. So Yoongi shrugged off his jacket, pushed back his hair, and slowly walked toward an impending doom. "What's that look for? I feel like I'm about to get some awful news," Yoongi said sullenly, sinking into the chair across from Namjoon. Seokjin was at the head of the table, as usual. While Namjoon may be their leader in the business sense, Jin was the ultimate authority in the domestic realm.

"Please don't say you're pregnant," Yoongi sighed, fixing his most exasperated stare on Jin.

Seokjin gaped. "Shut up, Yoongi. That's not physically possible."

"Oh, well that's a relief to hear. I know kids are fun and all, but it's hard enough dealing with three brats." He considered it for a moment. "Four brats, if we're counting Hoseok. Are we counting Hoseok?"

"Yoongi," Namjoon groaned, already tired of his humor. "Stop trying to change the subject."

"Y'know, that's what I would be doing if you'd actually tell me what the subject is," he shot back. Seokjin and Namjoon shared a meaningful glance. After years of being practically married, they rarely required words. That's probably how they managed to stay sane amongst their rambunctious, makeshift family. Their communication was top notch. A little freaky at times, yet still effective.

"What are your intentions with Jimin?" Namjoon questioned with an all too straight face. Ironic, Yoongi thought, considering the three queer men present within such a small radius.

Yoongi didn't let the panic set in. There simply wasn't time. If he hesitated, it would be an automatic defeat. His and Jimin's secret relationship would finally be out in the open. Yes, logically there wasn't any real danger surrounding these two. Namjoon and Jin were two other men in a relationship, after all. They were caring, and nothing but supportive. However, Jimin had been so adamant that they keep the truth about themselves to themselves. He was much more cautious than Yoongi. He still harbored a fear that his boyfriend had long since abandoned.

So Yoongi laughed; it was harsh, dry, void of actual humor. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It's pretty self-explanatory," Seokjin argued with a narrowed gaze. Yoongi's heart rate picked up under the intensity of his scrutiny.

"Uh, alright. Then I guess my intentions are to be a good bandmate? What answer are you guys looking for, exactly?"

"A real answer," Seokjin replied. "Just spit it out, Yoongi. We know you're together, and you're not being very shy about it." To be fair, subtly was never Jimin's strong suit. "Hell, Jimin's superglued to your side for at least half the day."

"Jimin's always been clingy. He's a needy kid, right Joon?" Yoongi deflected, arching a brow in the latter's direction.

"U-uh, I guess," Namjoon stuttered, stoic façade shattering upon impact. Even he had plenty of experience with Jimin's koala-like nature.