INTRODUCTION

PRISONER 24

"Sometimes you meet someone, and it's so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you're in love or you're partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don't know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something."

Her friend told her about a website where you could send messages to prisoners and be pen pals and at that time it sounded stupid but now here she was sitting at the table looking through the different profiles as the rain poured outside.

Every prisoner had a picture of themselves as well as a description of their hobbies. Most of them were in jail for either theft or assault something she found quite boring and not interesting at all.

But there was a few people in the bunch that was standing out not because of how they looked but because they were sentenced to death for different reasons.

She scrolled through the few people that were in the database but stopped at a profile without a picture of the prisoner, out of curiosity she klicked at the profile showing only a few sentences saying that it was a male just 20 years old and was sentenced to death. He liked to listening to music, taking long walks, dance, reading and watching movies. There was no name written but she figured that maybe it was for safety reasons. Instead, it stood; prisoner 24.

There was a sentence, in the end, saying; Working on clearing my name.

Whatever that meant she couldn't help but feel sorry for him and it was in that moment she decided to give it a try.