nEveR GoNnA GIvE YoU UP

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

Both of us have have had a fair share of one night stands and inappropriate sex. Both us have also had our own fair share of relationships. Hell, both of us at one point even thought we had something real.

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

It's no secret that Meredith Grey has abandonment issues. But this, this feels real. And I really don't want to screw this up. So when Meredith Grey finally told me to choose between her and Derek, my husband and my lover, the person I love and the person I feel obligated to love, I somehow know what to do.  

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

I walk into Joe's, scanning the room for Meredith. I eventually find her sitting alone at the bar, a tequila shot in hand.

I walk over to the blonde, "Hey stranger."

She looks up to me. "I thought I'd fine you here." I say, sitting down on the stool next to her.

"Huh, really," she chuckles nervously. Her hands are fidgeting, she looks like she might have a heart attack at any moment.

She thinks I'm going to leave her. 

"I'm leaving Derek," I say abruptly.

She looks up at me with a shocked face.

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

"Mer, you deserve someone that will treat you right. Someone that won't hurt you. I wanna be that person. I'm gonna be that person. After all I..."

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching, but

You're too shy to say it

Inside, we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

Meredith connects her lips to mine, interrupting the awkward silence with a passionate kiss. I don't know why it's so hard, to say those three words. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I love her. With all my heart, but I can't say it. But I'll do anything to show it.

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

A part of me is dying for her to say it first. I don't want her to flee. But I need her to know. I break the kiss, and we sit, staring into each other's eyes. God, she's gorgeous. For a moment, I forget all my fear, and I just remember her.

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

"I love you."

She breaks out into a goofy grin, letting out a small giggle.

"I love you too"