Colorless

∞Prologue∞

Recently, I've realized that the way I perceive my surroundings has changed. I no longer see the vibrant red color of strawberries, nor the pink of the newly blossomed tress. Even the once blue sky has undergo a murky appearance. I'm engulfed in colorlessness. 

Instead of consulting a doctor, I decide to google "temporary colorblindness". What comes up is a site that says that what I have is an illness calle cerebral achromatopsia, which is when the pathway from the brain to the eyes is interrupted. Cerebral achromatopsia is exceedingly rare and is at times caused from an illness or trauma. According to Wikipedia, I am part of the 0.5 percent of females that have some sort of colorblindness. 

My luck, or lack of it, is farcical. 

I remember a time when I use to hold my mom in high regard. She was prepossessing, intuitive, self-determining, and obdurate. When I was a child, I would boast about how she was the best paralegal in the world. Back then, I was proud to announce that I was her daughter, but now all I want is to keep her off the radar.

Dad died in a car accident when I was thirteen and she completely snapped. Instead of putting effort into her job, she focused on drinking which terminated her intellect. She used her beauty as a way to lure in men, a different one each night. Some of her one-night-stands would strike me while intoxicated and Mom would tell me that it’s my fault for being in the way. 

Maybe it was...

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

[[A/N]] What do you think about it so far? Give me your opinions!