The Wizard's Game

Chapter 1: Harry's Triumph

Hey guys, ShadowWolf here with a new-ish story based on my other fanfic, The Muggle tournament. So basically a rewritten version of the the Muggle Tournament with obvious changes, I won't include a prologue in this story. But will most likely include flashbacks and Harry will be a year older.

This will still be a WBWL story liked the other story.

Disclaimer: I don't own any thing except for my OC's

Chapter 1: Harry's Triumph

(St Mary's stadium, Southampton, 1st August 1988 - under ten cup final)

The crowd cheered as the ball hit the netting of the goal. The morale of the opposition deflated miserably as their beaten goalkeeper reluctantly pick up the ball out of their goal.

Harry Potter, currently 10 years old, felt his blood pumping fast, due to the adrenaline in his system, it became a natural sensation since he joined the team as central striker. One of his teammates, Jason Douglas, ran past, clapping him on the back. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his family - the Dursleys and one of his closest friends, Sarah Johnson, cheering his name.

Harry turned his focus back onto the match. At the moment it was two-nil to his team and there were ten minutes left.

Harry's opponents wore a blue and white kit, whilst his team wore a black and red kit.

The referee blew his whistle. Restarting the match. The opponent's central striker passed to the right winger, who then sprinted towards the box, starting their attack on the Surrey United defence (A/N; not sure if it's a real team). Jason ran towards the him to intercept the ball. A light brown haired boy from Harry's opponents ran round Jason; receiving the pass from his teammate. The brunet sprinted, dribbling the ball around Jordan Houston, the central midfielder.

Then Surrey's defenders made their move. Corey Bolam led the movement, getting in close to the opponent. The boy attempted to pass to his team but the attempt was in vain. Jason, on his second try, manage to succeed in intercepting the ball. Jason then played the ball down to Harry, who passed to Adam Wilson.

Swiftly sprinting past most of the defence, Harry noticed that three of the defenders trying to keep up with him. Adam caught Harry's eye and nodded, confirming the idea.

Suddenly, Harry stopped and allowed the defenders momentum carry them past him. Adam crossed the ball to the raven haired boy. While the ball was still moving in the air towards him, Harry started to turn. Followed by Harry volleying the ball towards the top right corner of the net. The goalkeeper leaped in a attempt to stop the inevitable goal but the ball moved too fast to stop.

Three-nil.

Meanwhile in the supporters; the crowd watched as Harry's volley curved into the centre of the goal. Vernon and Dudley shouted in pride, bragging loudly. Petunia looked on in amazement, a proud look on her face; several smug thoughts flew through her mind, aimed at her younger sister. Sarah cheered her Best friend/honorary brother on. Additionally to Harry's family, two other men looked on in interest, watching the young, unknown wizard as he jogged back to his starting position.

One of the men was Fabio Rodriguez, one of the scouts for West Ham's youth team. The man had a fascinated expression, looking intently at Harry.

The other man was Adrian Moreau, one of the scouts for West Ham's London rivals, Tottenham. Moreau saw the potential Surrey's lead striker. This was one youngster that the scout could not risk missing out on.