♔Emperor (AkaFuri)

Akashi x Furihata

{

He was never one to look down upon others, in fact, he treated every foe with caution and every friend with respect. Blunt, sometimes he might be yet he only spoke of the truth with utmost sincerity. But currently, scrutinizing at the brunette stood in front of him... only one word surfaced in his mind,

weak

He was weak, so fragile even a delicate touch might shatter him completely. Yet, he stood his ground well, as if the shards of glass from the broken ornament could be woven into a weapon in which he would fight with, against the odds. 

He was intrigued by the trembling male who refused to break eye contact despite the intimidation enveloping him whole, in his heart, he might've even applauded him for his courage. 

Courage, not as in the blind rage, the impulsive stupidity to take on something way out of their league but courage, as in the will to fight even after understanding the situation; after recognizing that defeat is nearing yet decisively gambling on that last spark of the diminishing hope.

Sure enough, on that day, the red-headed emperor took off his crown, the golden one of his heterochromatic orbs flickering back to its original red. Admitting his defeat, he had walked down from his throne, the conqueror no longer yet though everyone had believed he had reverted back to his old self...

It was always around him, in which that side of him could not be contained.

***

The first time they met after that match was on Kuroko's birthday and that encounter had left him more assured of his desires.

"Hello, Furihata Kouki, was it?" 

"H-hai, nice to meet you, Akashi-san."

"No need for the formality, Furihata."

"Y-yes."

The latter wasn't used to his other self, the intensity he had faced on that day had still taunted his memories... He couldn't get over the fact how quickly he fatigued when confronting him. The former picked out his nervousness from his tense behavior almost immediately and despite his conscience, he found it amusing. 

Whilst devouring their food, the red-head intentionally mentioned how he was curious of him. He cocked his head to the side, perplexed but a bit flattered. He leaned in, his lips brushed against his slightly. A little gasp escaped from his parted lips and a few pairs of eyes looked towards them. A little smirk crept up his face, he tried not to stare but his line of sight refused to alter. Recollecting himself, he gasped once more and covered his blushing face.