Another day

Sighing away I stood up from my bed after finally deciding to get ready. I broke my concentration on my clock and made my way over to the bathroom. My shower lasted longer than what I had anticipated but I found it hard to leave. The hot steam still lingered inside the bathroom fogging up my mirror. I opened my bathroom door and shivered as the cold breeze hit my skin. The goosebumps appeared on every inch of my body as I made my way over to my closet. I groaned as I kept looking over and over every single piece of clothing I had. Why does the outfit for the first day of school drive me this insane? I know that's my least worries for now but it's infuriating nonetheless.

Ugh. I don't have time for this Cherry is going to be here in less than an hour now. Okay maybe this top will go with this jeans and I can pair it with my light grey vans. Perfect, I already have my outfit I just have to put lotion on first and then start my make up. I can't afford to get a stain on my outfit after taking so long to find it. I started off with my primer and proceeded to do everything I learned by watching Nikki tutorials. Normally I'd freak out thinking my make up wouldn't be good. Luckily I spend the whole summer practicing and some of the results were quite terrifying. But just like they say you need to fail in order to succeed and I did.

Okay now that I'm done with make up I need to change quickly and spray some perfume. Looking in the mirror I smile in contempt and realize I have twenty minutes. Quickly I begin blow drying my hair in order to make some curly waves with my wand. After letting go of the last strand of hair I put down the wand and begin running my hand through my hair. My light brown hair seemed to really shine today but that might just be the sunlight beams piercing through my room.

Just then I heard a loud honking noise that made me jump. Couldn't she of just sent me a text message or just called me. I groaned and grabbed my backpack along with my phone and made my way downstairs.

"Honey I made breakfast for us-"

"Sorry mama cherry is already here for me. Besides we're going to go get breakfast before school starts." I watched as her smile deflated a bit but she quickly adjusted her smile. Guilt flooded me but I know I'm doing her a favor by skipping out on family moments.

"Elena can't you tell your little friend that your mother made breakfast. Surely she wouldn't mind coming in and joining us." It took every once of my strength to not scoff at my step father. I know he's only doing this to look good in front of my mother.

"Actually Roy, she would mind because we had planned to go get donuts today. Plus I'm the least of your worries don't forget the twins start preschool today." With that being said I made my way over to cherry. Funny enough as I was leaving I heard Roy ask my mom if it was true. Not even to his biological children can he bother to care. Shutting the door I run off to cherry's car and get inside. We drive off to the donut store and quickly rushed it to school.

"So how's everything with geo?" I asked looking through true halls of my new school.

"We're fine," she nonchatly responded looking unphased by the new surroundings. I smiled knowing deep inside she's swooning like a teenage girl.  Looking ahead I noticed two people exchanging salvia and mentally groaned. As me and cherry got closer I realized it was my recent ex-boyfriend. My lips tightened into a thin line and I gripped my backpack handles with quite a force. If I could describe him in one word it would be manipulative.

I lasted all of my junior high together with that venomous snake. He always managed to make it seem that he was always in the right. Every choice I made was based off of what he would tell me. My style of clothing, hair, and even my eating habits.

"Hey, he's not worth making a fuss over remember that part of your life is over. You get to start over so look ahead not behind."
I sighed and released my grip on my backpack straps. She's right and I know she is so I need to get a hold of myself.