Forgotten Reflection

It was a cold night. Seungwan looked out of her bedroom's window. The sky was covered by stars.

Since it was such a rare sight to see, Seungwan decided to go take a walk and admire it better. She put on a coat and quietly left the lonely mansion.

With each step she took, she felt more and more relaxed. It had been a while since she went for a stroll around the garden, so it felt nice. It felt refreshing.

After a while, the girl reached a part of the garden she had never seen before. She wondered how that could be, as she had lived in that same house it was around since she was born. But then she remembered walking around used to seem uninteresting for her.

Seungwan decided to look around better and, as she did, she noticed that there was a lake in the middle of the trees. The moon shined on it, making it look so beautiful she couldn't resist taking a look.

She walked closer and looked at it. The clear water made her feel relaxed.

So Seungwan took a step closer and sat down in front of it.

As she looked at it, as if by magic, an image slowly appeared on the water.

The girl gasped and looked behind her. However, there was no one there.

Seungwan looked at the water again. The image was still there. She wondered how that reflection was being formed, as there was nothing to reflect. The girl wondered if she was dreaming, but quickly turned down the possibility.

She decided to observe it better.

There, on the water, was the reflection of a... girl. As Seungwan looked at the image, she was mesmerized by how beautiful it was. She would even go to the extent of calling it angel-like.

Seungwan wondered why she was seeing that. So she stayed the night wondering, and looking at the reflection.

At exactly five in the morning, the reflection disappeared. Seungwan was startled, but then realised she should get back home, and get some sleep. So she did.

The next night, Seungwan left her house at the exact time she had the night before.

She went through the same path, ending up in front of the lake. As she looked at it, the reflection formed once again. She let out a sigh of relief and sat down looking at it.

And every night from then on, at the exact same hour, Seungwan would do the same. She would leave the mansion, go to the lake, and spend the night observing the reflection.

One day, the girl remembered she had seen something about the lake in a book in the library. So she went to the library to check.

She looked for the book she had seen information about the lake in and, when she found it, the girl opened it and started flipping through the pages.

Suddenly, Seungwan stopped at a page. It was about the lake. There, it read...

"There's a myth that, from midnight to five in the morning, whoever looks at its water will see a reflection of a forgotten memory."