Uglies

UGLIES

One week ago we stopped taking the medicine. I remember the pain we couldn't walk, talk and concentrate because of the pain. Since Shay and I were 10 years old we are taking different drugs, pills , drops in order to be pretty, in Oder to be accepted. Both of us suffered from it. We constantly had headaches, stomach problems,and sometimes in the morning we were paralyzed, when we closed our eyes we had hallucinations of how we will die. So Shay suggested to stop taking the medicine and it got better. But when I last brushed my hair it fell out. It had never happened before. I started screaming grabbed my phone and called Shay. She told me that she had pimples and black pores. We had to take the medicine again but we knew if we take it we would die. So we took it once more but then we became sick. We stopped again now one week has passed since we last took our medicine.

I can't look myself in the mirror. I'm disgusting I have bumps all over my face I have no hair anymore. I'm disgusting I'm ugly I'm a monster. Our families abandoned us because we are ugly because we are different. They don't understand the reasons why we don't take the medicine, they tried to force us taking it once more. Without any success. They decided to sent us to " The Smoke " in order to become pretty. My family recommended to do the transformation again as six years ago. The transformation is a long and hard progress if you want it to be a success you have to have the will to go through it if you don't you will die. We know the consequences we know what effect it had On us. All the pain all the misery just to be pretty.

Just to be accepted just to be one of them. As soon as we became uglier our families changed our Surnames Tally Hoechlin is Tally Roden now. Shay Argent is Shay Hale. They said they are embarrassed, everyone looks at them strangely when they go outside as if they were ugly. My mother cries herself to sleep every night I listen to her every single night she whispers

" I gave birth to a monster. My little girl is possessed by a demon. What have I done to be punished so harshly. I can't look at her anymore. Her beautiful hair. Her flawless skin. Her perfectly shaped body. Gone. I hate the monster. "

Those words make me hate myself. I'm not possessed by anyone. Honestly I feel better the pain reduced and in fact I feel good. But besides that my family hates me being ugly.As I see them suffer it makes me suffer. The people I love the most don't want me to feel healthy. Don't want me to be happy. Don't want me to be how I really am. Shay has the same problems. We don't care to be pretty , we care to be alive something we couldn't be 6 years due to the pain. In 1 week the government will send us to The Smoke to repeat the transformation.

-----------------

Aloha!

Just recently I read the book UGLIES written by Scott Westerfeld. When I finished it I had to think about it for a minute and think about what beauty means to me personally. I wrote it down and made a fanfiction , short story kind of thing. I read it out to my friends and they told me to upload the story. Soo yeah...

Read comment vote