Broken Crowns

S P A R R O W   L A C R O I X  has grown up in a lifestyle different than most who reside in the country of Illéa. While most citizens timidly obey the strict and unforgiving laws and live their entire lives stuck in a caste system riddled with inequality, Sparrow has been trained since birth to defy their King, and to fight for what is right.

When Octavia Goodfellow, the head of the rebellion against the Crown, summons Sparrow to infiltrate the system from the inside, Sparrow is eager to finally contribute to their cause. However, she is less than pleased when she finds out the means in which she will be infiltrating the castle: through the Selection, a competition held for the Prince of Illéa where the prize is ultimately Prince Declan's hand in marriage, and a chance at becoming Princess.

Although her fights don't take place on a battlefield, Sparrow still experiences her fair share of wounds, both emotional and physical, as the fight for rebellion against an uncaring monarchy grows.

Note: I have only read the first book in The Selection series by Kiera Cass. This book is not going to be following the original plotline: Prince Maxon has been switched for my own OC Prince Declan, characters like America Singer and other girls competing in the Selection will also not be in it, and considering I have no idea how the war plays out over the next couple books since I don't plan on reading the rest of the series, this is how they will unfold in my head. Please don't complain that I'm not following the storyline properly, because other than the basic idea, this is going to be pretty seperate from the original book.

And one last thing - you don't have to have read The Selection to read this. I haven't even read the last two books myself!