Dancing with Fire

Set after "Inkheart" written by Cornelia funke. I do not own any rights to dustfinger, Mo, meggie, elinor, or Farid. All other characters, i do OWN! So no stealing.

Belle was 13. She had fire red hair, and pale skin. Her eyes blue, causing them to stand out as they contrasted with her hair. She lived with her abusive father, by herself. Until one day, she decided to run away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dustfinger lived in the world of Inkheart, also known as the world outside of the actual inkworld. He was a fire breather, with a horned marten. Read out of his book by a silvertongue, called Mo. Dustfinger, unable to return to his world, lived with Mo, his daughter Meggie, and another young lad who had been read from another book. His name was Farid, and they all lived with Meggie's aunt, Elinor. In a large house on a lake in italy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 years later.

Belle spun, fire swirling around her as she danced. The crowd cheered, and as she finished her dance, spinning and twirling like a ballet dancer given ribbons, the fire creating a tornado around her, she let go of the whips, wrapped in flames, allowing them to skitter across the dirt floor, putting themselves out. A clown quickly brought out a small table with a torch, a cloth, and a glass of lamp oil. "Who wants to see this lovely fire dancer, breath the breath of dragons?!" A man yelled at the crowd, riling them up for the big finish. The crowd cheered, and the man smiled, taking a bow, before turning the crowds attention to Belle. Belle was a a wonderful fire dancer. Not only was she a stunningly attractive red head with eyes the color of the raging sea, but when given fire, it appeared that she herself was on fire, and the light in her eyes glowed. Belle took a bow herself, before taking the torch and lighting it. Then she took the glass, filling her mouth with the lamp oil. She showed the audience the lit torch, and she slowly drug it across her arms, lighting the pre-placed oil there. The brilliant thing about oil was, it burned off before it burned anything else.

The crowd cheered. Then, Belle taking the torch, and breathing fire. A huge fireball erupting toward the crowd, eliciting screams and cheers. She breathed again, causing another huge fireball to erupt, the crowd clapped, continuing their entourage of noise. As Belle put down her torch, the clown whipped out the torches she had previously discarded onto the ground, and whipping them at the air after her fire ball, they relit.
Belle bowed, and backed away as the clown whipped the flaming whips around them, causing dust to fly off the dirt floor, shrouding Belle and the clown from sight. As they disappeared from sight,the fire disappeared as well, Belle, the clown, and the dust disappearing with it. Their vanishing act the last great act of the show.