CHAPTER ONE

Chapter one: Change

I was staring out the window when mom asked "you nervous"

Of course I was nervous this was about to be the third school I've had to move to this year.

We approached the school. My heart was racing I had so much anxiety. But I didn't let it show. I didn't want to look like a wimp.

I hopped out of the car. I was about to approach the school when mom stopped and said " I love you, have a great day jojo"

I blushed of embarrassment. "Thanks mom" as I cursed under my breath.

I walked into my first class. Before I could get through the door I collided with one of my fellow classmate.

"Im so sorry" as I said completely embarrassed.

He said "No problem, bro" as he helped me pick up my books.

He introduced himself "Hi my name is chance".

I greeted him too "my name is joseph" still embarrassed.

I took a seat next to chance since I didn't know where else to sit.

"Good morning class" the teacher said as he shut the door .

"looks like we got a new student" the teacher said.

"Damn it" I mumbled under my breath.

I stood up "hi my name is Joseph Higle and ummm ya.. Cool nice to meet you all" as I said awkwardly I could hear some of the other kids laughing

It made me want to disappear.

Later on that day I had band.

Band was my comfort zone. This was gonna be my 6th year of playing the trumpet and I felt confident about it.

I approached the band director when a kind beautiful girl came up "HI MY NAME IS JADEN NICE TO MEET YOU JOSEPH HIGLE"

At first I was a little intimidated.

"ummm how do you know my name?"

"I was in your morning class remember?" "oh ya" I said quietly .

The day finally ended. The time came for Joseph to go home when he was stopped by chance.

"here" he said

As I opened it. He ran off

It said " here's my phone number *phone number* text me sometime silly

END OF CHAPTER ONE