Chapter 1

First day of school always felt strange. This time it's my first day of school for the last time. One last year and then I'm leaving for college.

I stood in front of the big school doors and tried to get over myself and step in. I don't think I'm ready for this. I don't want it to be the last year of school but at the same time I'm happy when this is over and I'm going to college. I took a little hesitating step forward, finally ready to dare and go inside, when suddenly a guy came from the side and bumped into me, me hitting the floor in the process. I was completely in shock as I looked up and saw an angry guy staring down at me.

"Can't you look where you're going?", he said furiously.

Excuse me? He was the one bumping into me! I just stood there!

But of course I couldn't get that out of my mouth and just stuttered: "But-but you-..."

"I don't have time for people that can't even get out a word", he said annoyed and walked away from me, leaving me on the floor.

I looked after him and wondered why he was so angry. I struggled to get up. My bag was just too heavy. I groaned and gave up. I expected that my first day at school wouldn't be the greatest but I didn't expect it to be that shitty from the beginning on. It hasn't even begun the first lesson and I already embarrassed myself in front of a boy and the other students that are watching me while I tried to get up, not even bothering to help me.

"Lys? Why are you lying on the floor?"

I turned around and saw Stacey coming towards me. She must have come from the bus, which is now driving away. She 's a friend of mine for three years now and she looked lovely as always in her school uniform. I think she's the only one who could wear a rubbish bag and still look good. She is the type of girl that has boys falling on their knees for her. She's confident and knows what she wants and doesn't take shit from anybody. I exactly remember how we met three years ago.

The first day of school just ended and I hurried outside to get to my mum's car. She was in a hurry too because she had to drive my sister to her dance classes. So there I was running in the school building, completely lost, and it was my first day in sixth form too so I didn't have a clue where to go until I saw two girls fighting in the hallway. They were shouting really nasty things at each other and of course I wanted to run in the opposite direction but one of the girls saw me and pointed behind the girl she was fighting with. I didn't know what to do so I quickly ran around the girl and put my foot behind her. The girl that saw me pushed the other one over my foot and she fell on the floor. What happened next was that we, the girl and I, ran as quickly as we could away from the other one. We came to a halt outside of the school both of us holding our sides and breathing for air.

"What the hell was that?", I asked her as I could breathe normally again.

"This bitch said that my hair looked like a bird's nest even though she had her hair backcombed like Marge Simpson. So I showed her and her little followers whose hair is a bird's nest", she said and shrugged as if it wasn't anything. Now I knew that Stacey had a little bit of an aggressive vein.

This is how we became friends and this is also how we made our first enemy during sixth form. Natalia Burskowa, a rich bitch that thought she could have everything. I disliked her from the beginning. Her dad owns a big oil company and is originally from Russia hence her Slavic surname. Stacey suddenly interrupted my thinking and remembering and looked at me weirdly. Probably because I haven't answered her question yet.

"Um...just some guy. He bumped into me-..."

"And he didn't help you up? What an asshole!", she said and took my hand to pull me up. I quickly adjusted my bag over my shoulder and followed her inside.