Smidget

A long time ago, in a world far, far, far away, there was a little creature called a Smidget. This little Smidget lived all alone, in an alone world, with an isolated universe to keep him company. He lived off of canned beans that he found buried underneath a tree that was near where he lived. His home, if you even call it a home, was really just a dirt storage shack for the canned beans. Believe me, he had quite a few beans stacked up in there.

Every day, the Smidget would wake up, eat a couple of canned beans, stretch, and take a stroll outside. He always wondered, in his universe of loneliness, if there ever would be anybody beside him to share his joy of canned beans. Through the oaks and the fir trees, he would walk, and ponder life's greatest mysteries. Though his ideas usually included canned beans (he had quite an addiction), he also thought about other concepts, like science, and math, and, most notably, LIFE. As the years, and the decades, and the centuries passed, the Smidget thought more and more about this concept that he could only see in himself.

"Life. What a strange thing," the Smidget thought one day, "In all of my years, the only thing I have desired to see, and study, was life. Yet that's the only thing that I CAN'T see. Funny."

It actually was quite funny. You see, the next day, the Smidget's dream came true. He did, indeed, find life. Or, more like life found him.

Garble's Galaxy Construction Inc. obliterated his entire universe within a couple of milliseconds. The reason, simple enough, was to extract the three Hydrogen White Stars located in his universe, and to use them to decorate Sir Borks of Borktown's newly renovated mansion in another nearby universe.

The Smidget, the canned beans, the oaks, the fir trees, all of it, suddenly poofed out of existence.

It was quite a shame, really, because the Smidget was the only person in all of the known universes to find out how to fix global warming. Shucks.