•~•

I glance around the roof. My head is swimming with all the possibilities. I mean, Alex has to like me, right? Why else would he wink at me? Why else would he grab my hands like that? Why else would he mess with my hair? Why else would he-

"Hey." Oh God.

"Uh... hi." I turn around, not too fast, not too slow. Alex smiles down at me. I meet his gaze and stare.

"So," Alex puts his hand on his neck.

"So, uh, I just wanted to-"

"About last night-"

"No, I understand. It was all me I just... I couldn't control myself. Things get kind of crazy-" I laugh awkwardly "-and I should have been paying attention to what you-"

"Hey, hey, hey." Alex moves closer to me and I hold my breath. He puts his hands on my shoulders and grins. He smells like mint and roses. Did he brush his teeth before he came up here? "It's okay. I was all in, man. I just wish it coulda lasted longer. Everything went fast, like you said. I enjoyed myself. You aren't really that bad of a dancer."

I laugh awkwardly. He's just so very, very close. I can't think with his hands on my shoulders and his smell all over me and-

"You're overthinking again. Just breathe."

"I can't," I mutter. He starts to move away but I grab the bottom of his jacket.

"Aws..." he looks at me. He looks at me like I'm a prize. He looks at me like nobody else ever has. I stand there, holding his jacket in my hands. He stands there, gripping my shoulders. We stare and stare for an eternity. Suddenly, he seems to lose control.

Alex's hands shoot up my neck into my hair. He pushes his right hand behind my head, almost like he's going to support me. I let go of his jacket and move closer to him. I rest my palms against his chest. His skin is warm underneath his shirt and I slowly walk my arms up his back and around his neck. I hold them there, and Alex is still staring at me.

"A bitter taste,"

"Surrender waste," I exhale.

"I wrote it for you." He blushes and rubs my cheek with his left hand; his right hand is still behind my head.

I look at his lips, his soft, gentle lips. Memories of last night flood my brain and I'm dizzy.

"Alex," I sigh.

"You okay? You ready?" He stares at my collarbone, avoiding my eyes. Last night must've shaken him up pretty bad.

"Yeah," I pull my face close to his. He definitely brushed his teeth.

I stand on my tip toes and lift my lips to his. He's gentle, and I feel his lips relax. I feel his whole body relax. He's so perfect. His hair brushes my forehead and I laugh softly. It tickles. He smiles through our kiss and I open my mouth slightly. I catch the air that falls from his mouth and we sway.

Nothing is going to happen, I had promised Geoff. We're just friends. He didn't believe me, and probably for good reason. Alex lets go of my head and rubs my bare arms. Goose bumps travel up my back and I shiver despite myself. Alex grins again. I rest my head on his chest, but move back to his lips. I'm addicted.

I reach for his collar and start to slide his jacket off, it falls to the ground with a muffled thud. A thud that was way too loud for a jacket.

"GUYS!" Otto's voice fills the summer air. I reluctantly yank myself away from Alex. He holds my hand.

Otto, Rian, Jack, Zack, and Geoff are standing in the doorway that leads to the rooftop. I stare at Geoff; he's shaking his head. Zack and Rian seem to have lost their voices, but Jack, of course, hasn't.

"It's about fuckin' time, boys."