Stay

Jisoo's breath was getting heavier as she danced passionately to the music, sweat was dripping down the side of her head. She ignores the numb feeling in her limbs, which screamed for her to take a break.

She couldn't. Not until her routine was perfected.

Jisoo has been dancing all day now and the moon was slowly creeping up as she became more determined to keep going until midnight. Forcing her body to stay upright, she moved herself across the room, copying every part of the choreography perfectly.

The corners of her mouth curl upwards, she finally got it. She walks to the center of the room, swinging her arms as she danced with all her energy, until she missteps.

Jisoo's breath hitches as she falls on the ground with a loud thud. She immediately retracts her leg, grabbing her ankle while wincing in pain. It hurts so much.

Tears formed in the corners of her eyes, which she tried to blink away while she curled herself up in a ball. She clutched her ankle tighter and she wanted to scream for someone to help her, but the pain made it hard to speak.

The door suddenly opened and the janitor curiously poked his head inside, searching for the source of that loud thud. His eyes widened when he saw the hurt girl sprawled over the floor, and he quickly rushed over.

"Jisoo," the janitor yelled out worriedly, "are you alright? What happened?" Jisoo opened her mouth to speak, but quickly closed it as she whimpered in pain. "Hold on, let me call the ambulance."

The janitor frantically dials the emergency line, eying Jisoo's injury every now and then, while the girl was staring off in the distance.

'It was going so well, why did this have to happen,' she thought bitterly.

Not long later, the ambulance arrived and the paramedics carried Jisoo to the ambulance. They rushed her to the hospital, where she got treated for her injury.

The doctor had informed her that she had sprained her ankle by her fall with the combination of over exercising. The doctor told her that she'd have to rest for a week or two to recover.

Jisoo sighed, she was going to miss a lot of her schedules now, and that way she wouldn't make any progress at all. She cursed at herself for being so stupid and pushing it so far, when she could've prevented it all.

After a few checkups, the doctor allowed Jisoo to go home, and the janitor was so kind to drive her to the dorms. He guided her to the front door, making sure to support her, and Jisoo bowed while thanking him. The older man just waved it off while shooing her inside to rest.

Jisoo entered the dorms with her crutches, and the second she closed the door she was swarmed by two of her members, who were extremely worried about her.

"Unnie are you alright? We got a call, what happened?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes were puffy and red, as if she's been crying the whole time. Jisoo felt her heart sink at that. "Unnie why are you such an idiot, I told you to not push yourself too much," Lisa mumbled while placing her hand on Jisoo's shoulder.

Jisoo felt even worse, she didn't mean to make her band members worried. She cleared her throat before smiling gently at the two girls, "it's alright, it doesn't even hurt that much anymore." The duo went silent for a few seconds before bombarding the girl with a lot of questions.

Jisoo sheepishly scratched the back of her head, before noticing a certain member at the end of the hallway. Jennie was motionlessly standing there, clenching her fists. "Jendeuki," Jisoo mumbled.

Jennie glanced up at the older one and frowned, before turning back and rushing to what Jisoo presumed to be her bedroom. "Jennie," she exclaimed, clearly surprised since this wasn't like her at all.