Chapter 1: The beginning

I met Jake in 4th grade it's been eleven years since we first met, we've always been best friends even from day one, partly because we were also neighbors. We did everything that we could possibly do together, ride bikes, play games, have sleepovers, go to the movies together, study for tests. But one thing we didn't do together or at all, was admit each others feeling for each other, well I didn't at least, I never found out how he felt about me. But now he's moved away to California with his older brother Logan and it's a bit too late for any of that now.

Jake made a lot of videos on this app called Vine he would end  up doing crazy off the wall things just to get some views. He always asked me for help even though he knew I hated the thing, oddly enough he became famous and decided to move right up into hollywood.

Jake meant everything to me he always watched scary movies with me so I wasn't alone then he would spend the night when we were younger, he was always my valentines because no one else wanted to be my valentines, he was always my shoulder to cry on when I needed it, He always made me laugh, there was never a dull moment when he was around that's for sure. We managed to get in mostly all the same classes so we were together all day in high school and we took turns driving each other home, and of course then we hung out right after school ended.

I never told Jake how I felt about him but I should have maybe he would have stayed or tried to work things out. Our last days together sucked saying goodbye is never easy.

~~~ Flashback~~~

"Hey Jake wanna come over?" I asked, through my window which was right across from his.

"Yeah, sure be right over, I kinda wanted to talk anyways." He replied, almost uncertain.

I thought that was unusual because Jake tells me everything and is usually very excited when he has new news to tell me.

"Hey Maddison, what's up?" He laughed giving me a noogie.

"Oh my gosh stop you butthead." I laughed, pushing him off of me.

We ran up to my room and jumped on my bed laying down together.

"So what did ya wanna talk about?" I asked curiously.

"Well Mads this is kinda hard news and I'm really sorry to have to throw this all on ya like this but umm.." He stopped, sighing deeply before continuing.

"Well that app that you hate Vine. I know you already knew but I have quit a few followers and viewers and I think it's time that I move up and try making a career out of this." He said, looking up slowly waiting for my reaction.

"OK?" I replied nervously.

"Well that involved moving to Hollywood next week." He said quickly, pushing it all out.

"What?!" I yelled. "Why, and why didn't you fucking tell me Jake Oh my gosh, are you kidding me right n-" I was cut off by Jake pushing me on the bed and cuddling me.

"I'm sorry Mads, I love you please don't be angry." He said pushing his face in my neck.

"Don't be sorry I might have overreacted but don't you think you could have told me a little but sooner than that?" I asked seriously.

"Yes but I was scared and I don't want to leave you and I knew how upset you would be so I avoided telling you for awhile. I really am sorry." He replied.

~~~

"Oh my gosh what about that time you slipped and fell into the pool in the middle of winter." I shouted laughing with Jake.

We sat for a moment laughing thinking of other hilarious memories the two of us shared.

"Haha I remember when it was raining and you wanted to go dance in the rain and we both fell in the mud puddle." He laughed.

"Oh my gosh our parents were so mad."

"Or when I fell down the stairs and you tried to catch me but you ended up falling too?" I said crying from laughter.

"Oh gosh that was terrible I fell right on top of you I felt so bad." He said smiling.

"That was priceless though, you have to admit, but honest to god it was so awkward." I replied smiling as well realising I just made things more awkward than they already were.

Could you imagine the love of your life laying right on top of you making direct eye contact with you, not being able to tell if he was flustered or just 'oh yeah this happens everyday.' Well that's pretty much what happened and I wanted pull him into me and have a beautiful make out session right in the middle of the hallway but I would never be able to do that, and that would make things more embarassing than they already are especially if he pulled away or threw up on me or something like that.

"Why was it awkward?" He asked.

I looked away thinking of ways to excape this conversation, I could lie, divert the topic, jump out the window, purposely break my leg to distract him. But of course I pussied out.

"Because I love you and I want you to have my children." 

Yeah no I didn't say that but that would be hilarious if I did though huh?

"I just mean.. because I mean.. when you.." I stammered.

Jesus will you stop ruining everything, just say you were embarrassed you fell.

"I was.. em-" Jake interupted me.

Great it's too late now.

"Maddison it's ok." He whispered.

I looked over to find his staring directly at me which made me quiver, he smiled and slowly leaned his body towards mine. Then the door flung open revealing Logan.

"Oh my gosh you fricking mermaid potato faced raccoon will you get out of here you just ruined my big moment?!" I shouted in my thoughts as I also through the imaginary chair at his stupid face.

"Hey Maddison, what's up?" He shouted, squezzing me in a tight hug.

"Heyyyy Logan." I replied.

"So did Jake tell you the great news?" He asked excited.

"Yeah and he would have told me a lot more if you would have stayed the hell out of here." I thought.

"Yes he did, Im so excited for you guys." I replied.

"yeah me too it's just sad we're gonna be leaving everyone here, ya know?" He said, looking down clearly upset.

Jake and Logan left soon after to get ready for the trip and finish goodbyes.

~~~End Flashback~~~

Well that was the last time Jake and I talked in person before he left that really tore me up but at least I still got to talk to him on a regular basis.

I'm going to try and tell you the story of Jake and I the best I can and hopefully you enjoy.

Well I guess I'll see ya at the end of the story.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well hopefully you liked the first chapter I know it's a little off the wall but I've been planning this book for a while and I'm glad I'm finally able to start writing it. I'll try and update regularly ya girl is usually always busy.

Vote and comment for more

Love you guys thanks for reading

Question: Jake or Logan?