Merely The Beginning

I walked back home from school,stumbling as I had been for the whole week.Today had been the last day,which meant it was summer.But nothing looked like it.It was always dark,even during the day,and black stuff kept appearing everywhere.I opened the door to the house and went to the kitchen.Mom was cooking pie,so I sat down at the counter."Hi Mom,"My voice sounded horrible."Hello,would you like some soup?"She asked."No-"I coughed,"-Takes to long,".Mom looked at me concernedly."Alright my child,how about you get some rest?"She suggested."You Know,that doesn't sound half bad,"I yawned,"Wake me for dinner,Ok?".She nodded,so I went off to bed.I dreamed that Amy was painting with a Sans looking guy with a giant paintbrush who she kept calling "Ink".Mom did wake me up.We were going to have movie night at Alphys' place,so we had to quickly eat the macaroni Mom made.We headed to Alphys',and Mom kept insisting I put my scarf on,so I did.We got to Alphys' house,which looked just like the lab except with fish wallpaper and pink carpet,which were actually a good match.We went upstairs to where she had a couch set up in front of a flatscreen TV."I'll pick you up at eight,call me if you need anything,I'll only be at the Core,"Mom told me before leaving.I sat down on the couch,pulling out a book so that when Alphys came,nothing would be awkward.Mettaton came with Napstablook and Burgerpants.I coughed into my hand."Darling,you look horrible,"Mettaton sat down next to me."I've had this bug since last month-since then I've been bombarded with soup,"I expected a laugh,but didn't get one.Even Papyrus,who has walked in when I had started talking,looked like I would drop dead at any moment."Whats wrong?"I asked."Alphys! You'll want to see this,"Papyrus handed me a newspaper.I read the front cover.

ᵛᴵᴿᵁˢ ˢᴾᴿᴱᴬᴰˢ ᴬᶜᴿᴼˢˢ ᴳᴸᴼᴮᴱ

ᴿᴱᶜᴱᴺᵀ ˢᵀᵁᴰᴵᴱˢ ˢᴴᴼᵂ ᵀᴴᴬᵀ ˢᴼᴹᴱᵀᴴᴵᴺᴳ ᴼᴿ ˢᴼᴹᴱᴼᴺᴱ ᴴᴬˢ ᴮᴱᴱᴺ ᶜᴬᵁˢᴵᴺᴳ ᵀᴴᴱˢᴱ ᵛᴵᴿᵁˢᴱˢ ᴬᴺᴰ ᴮᴸᴬᶜᴷ ˢᴾᴼᵀˢ,ᵂᴴᴵᶜᴴ ᴬᴿᴱ ᴿᴵᴾˢ ᴵᴺ ᴼᵁᴿ ᵀᴵᴹᴱᴸᴵᴺᴱ,ᴼᴿ ˢᴼ ˢᴬᵞˢ ᴼᵁᴿ ᴹᴬᴳᴵᶜ ᴱˣᴾᴱᴿᵀˢ ᴬᵀ ᴴᴱᴵᴿᵀˢᵀᴵᴺ ᴸᴬᴮˢ,ᴵᴺ ᴬᶜ
ᴬˢˢᴼᶜᴵᴬᵀᴵᴼᴺ ᵂᴵᵀᴴ ᴴᴼᴸᴸᴬᴺᴰ ᴸᴬᴮˢ.ᵀᴴᴱ ᵛᴵᴿᵁˢ ᴵˢ ᴰᴱᴬᴰᴸᵞ,ᴵᵀ'ˢ ˢᵞᴹᴾᵀᴼᴹˢ ᴵᴺ ᴱᴬᴿᴸᵞ ˢᵀᴬᴳᴱˢ ᶜᴼᴺˢᴵˢᵀ ᴼᶠ: ᶜᴼᵁᴳᴴᴵᴺᴳ ᴮᴸᴬᶜᴷ ᴵᴺᴷ,ˢᵀᵁᴹᴮᴸᴵᴺᴳ ᴼᶠᵀᴱᴺ,ᴰᴿᴼᵂˢᴵᴺᴱˢˢ.ᴴᴬᴸᶠᵂᴬᵞ ˢᵀᴬᴳᴱˢ ᶜᴼᴺˢᴵˢᵀ ᴼᶠ:ᴵᴺᴷ ᶜᴼᴹᴵᴺᴳ ᶠᴿᴼᴹ ᴱᵞᴱˢ,ˢᴱᴱᴵᴺᴳ ᴾᴿᴼᴮᴸᴱᴹˢ,ᴬᴺᴰ ᵁᴺᴬᴮᴸᴱ ᵀᴼ ᵂᴬᴸᴷ.ᴸᴬˢᵀ ˢᵀᴬᴳᴱˢ ᶜᴼᴺˢᴵˢᵀ ᴼᶠ:ᵁᴺᴬᴮᴸᴱ ᵀᴼ ˢᴾᴱᴬᴷ.ᵁᴺᴬᴮᴸᴱ ᵀᴼ ˢᴱᴱ,ᴵᴺᴷ ᴬᴸᴸ ᴼᵛᴱᴿ.

I looked at the hand I had coughed into.It had a black,ink like substance on it.My eyes flooded,but I kept them trapped."I'll be back,"I shoved the paper in Papyrus hands.I went outside and called Mom."Hello,my child,is everything all right?"Mom asked."No,Mom-have you read the papers?"I asked her."No,but I can find it online quickly,"Mom offered hastily."Ok,read the front cover and call me when your done,"I hung up.A few minutes later,my phone rang and I picked it up."I read it,"Mom told me."Mom,I'm showing signs of having the virus-can we see a doctor tomorrow?"I asked."Yes,my child,"Mom seemed on the verge of tears,just like me,"Do you still want to stay there?"."No,"I squeaked."Alright,stay inside until I get there,I can hear the wind,"Mom told me."Ok Mom,love you,"I told her."Love you too,"She hung up.I went inside,but stayed downstairs.The doorbell rang.Alphys ran down and opened it.It was Mom."I would have called you in advance,but it was urgent,"Toriel greeted her,"Im here to bring Frisk home,"."But we haven't even started the movie,"Alphys questioned."Frisk called me a few minutes ago saying she wanted to go home,"Mom told her."Oh,Of course,"Alphys let her in."Come on Frisk,"Mom looked on the verge of tears.We walked home awkwardly,and I kept stumbling all the way home.